Edge of a screen in a multi-monitor setup

Evoked ピーター

So when I try to move things across to different screens (like dragging say the documents window accross to my second monitor, it keeps getting stuck for a few momemts, windows keeps trying to do that thing where it makes the window fit to half the screen instead of flowing freely to the next screen. Is there a way to fix this?

Is this with Windows 10?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Should be in this menu:

(Ignore the blue marker, It's not my image)windows 10 disable snap assist

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Yeh it's windows 10 snapping - I had the same thing but found a kind of way round it (although turning off above as suggested is a good idea). 

Solution=move the mouse faster. 

If I drag to the edge in a normal speed it will try and snap. 

If I consciously drag a lot faster it will skip merrily from monitor 1 to 2 :D 

1 minute ago, daniielrp said:

Yeh it's windows 10 snapping - I had the same thing but found a kind of way round it (although turning off above as suggested is a good idea). 

Yeah it works turning it off, but then i cant do it on the other side of the screen either. I want it to flow across the screens easier, but if i still want it to snap on the other side of the screen where it cant go across lol. I wonder if its possible to do this.

2 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

Aye. My DPI is at 6000, so my mouse never moves slowly enough to even encounter this problem.

Maybe you can do this too, @Evoked ピーター.

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Aye. My DPI is at 6000, so my mouse never moves slowly enough to even encounter this problem.

Actually, before it never did this. It just started doing it recently lol. Idk why :(

And I like 800DPI because i play CS:GO, makes it a lot more smooth

1 minute ago, Evoked ピーター said:

Yeah it works turning it off, but then i cant do it on the other side of the screen either. I want it to flow across the screens easier, but if i still want it to snap on the other side of the screen where it cant go across lol. I wonder if its possible to do this.

You can use Winkey+left/right as an alternative. It's not much help but at least something haha.

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Ah, mine is 3000 so that might explain it!

Why is this suddenly happening? I really dont like it haha. And turning off the snap feature is not good. It doesnt allow me to drag maximised windows anymore which sucks :(

Any other solution to make the snapping feature not appear on the side of the windows so harshly? or not atall?

It's because you're dragging it so slowly, due to the little DPI. Think about this in terms of HCI; we slow down the movments of our mouse when we're dragging a window and we're near where we want to snap it, but we do not when all we want to do is move the window from one screen to another.

Consider setting up a game-related profile for CS:GO (that hopefully can activate when the .exe is active/launched/running), and turning it up to something above the 2000 mark when just using the desktop. I mean, personally, i don't know how you manage to be productive with a mouse moving that slow accross two monitors, but such is your prerogative.

33 minutes ago, Crowes said:

It's because you're dragging it so slowly, due to the little DPI. Think about this in terms of HCI; we slow down the movments of our mouse when we're dragging a window and we're near where we want to snap it, but we do not when all we want to do is move the window from one screen to another.

Consider setting up a game-related profile for CS:GO (that hopefully can activate when the .exe is active/launched/running), and turning it up to something above the 2000 mark when just using the desktop. I mean, personally, i don't know how you manage to be productive with a mouse moving that slow accross two monitors, but such is your prerogative.

I tried turning up the DPI to 2400 and it still is doing it. Its really freakin sensitive. it stops me all unless I go 'really' fast