About to purchase PC parts for school

I am intending to purchase parts for a PC that I'll be building for school! I am ordering from Australia, so all currency is in AUD. I intend to program/code in programs such as C#, browse the internet/youtube, and play "casual" games such as hearthstone. Does anyone have any suggestions for the parts I have chosen? Are there any cheaper/more effective alternatives for what I intend to do?

Thanks, help is greatly appreciated.

Note: All items can be purchased from Umart, but deliveries from elsewhere are fine.

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/G6wW23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/G6wW23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.00 @ Umart) 
Motherboard: Asus H110M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($89.00 @ Umart) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($69.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 360W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ Umart) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($119.00 @Umart) 
Total: $903.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-28 00:51 AEDT+1100

I would get a slightly larger Seasonic power supply even a bronze unit will be more efficient than that gold one.

- Buy a windows 10 key from kinguin, you could save money there.

- Take a look at MSY as an alternative store.

Just now, TrigrH said:

I would get a slightly larger Seasonic power supply even a bronze unit will be more efficient than that gold one.

Why? If anything, gold efficiency is more efficient than bronze...

It looks like he's only using the iGPU. He won't need a bigger PSU.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Why? If anything, gold efficiency is more efficient than bronze...

It looks like he's only using the iGPU. He won't need a bigger PSU.

because thats how efficiency curves work mate. + a little headroom is always good.

other than

1) grab a 250gb and 2tb ssd and hdd, because they offer better value

2) maybe you wanna toss in a gpu like a 950? but its up to you lol

3) if you opt for a gpu, might wanna get a higher wattage psu, but for your current build, the current psu is fine

4) y u no windows 10? D: join us

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, TrigrH said:

because thats how efficiency curves work mate.

From what I know about efficiency curves, a bigger PSU at low load will be less efficient than a smaller one.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

- Buy a windows 10 key from kinguin, you could save money there.

- Take a look at MSY as an alternative store.

I have about 200W spare with my current build according to pcpartpicker which should allow for a changes in the future :)

Yes I'll check out kinguin, seems like they're much cheaper although I always have a lingering feeling of doubt when ordering from other websites :/

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

other than

1) grab a 250gb and 2tb ssd and hdd, because they offer better value

2) maybe you wanna toss in a gpu like a 950? but its up to you lol

3) if you opt for a gpu, might wanna get a higher wattage psu, but for your current build, the current psu is fine

4) y u no windows 10? D: join us

Yeah there is great value but I am not sure if I need all that extra space.

The iGPU should suffice for what I intend to do right? o.O

I was planning on upgrading to windows 10 when I get it :D 

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

because thats how efficiency curves work mate. + a little headroom is always good.

Isn't 200W enough head room? Based on the pcpartpicker website, I am using about 160W, leaving 200W available for whatever use in the future :)

Just now, Needapcforschoolwork said:

Isn't 200W enough head room? Based on the pcpartpicker website, I am using about 160W, leaving 200W available for whatever use in the future :)

yeah you should be good, are any of these stores close? http://www.msy.com.au/index.php?controller=shops&&method=pickup

1 minute ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

The iGPU should suffice for what I intend to do right?

should be, never played heartstone :D but it shouldnt be a demanding game (i live under a rock, i know)

worst case is that you just turn down the settings

2 minutes ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

I was planning on upgrading to windows 10 when I get it

yea, get whichever is cheaper, win 7/8/8.1/10 xD they all end up as windows 10 anyway

well if you wanna add a gpu in the future for w/e reason, you'll want a higher wattage, but for your current build, its more than enough to power two of it lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

yeah you should be good, are any of these stores close? http://www.msy.com.au/index.php?controller=shops&&method=pickup

Yes actually, in fact most of them are pretty close to where I live. Thx for the store suggestion, it might be more convenient than Umart. Now it's just the prices that'll affect which store I go to

Yes actually, in fact most of them are pretty close to where I live. Thx for the store suggestion, it might be more convenient than Umart. Now it's just the prices that'll affect which store I go to

MSYs website is actually divided by location so each one of those store links will be different, pick up is recommended.

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

MSYs website is actually divided by location so each one of those store links will be different, pick up is recommended.

Yeah pickup is preferred actually. Just need to compare the prices with Umart, and then go to the branch thats most convenient :) However its like 2am here and I'm way too tired.. Will sort it out in the morning. Thanks for your help :) 

That machine, as configured, will idle around 40W, and peak out at ~100W or so.  So the PSU selected is perfectly fine. 

26 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

looks good, you might want to consider a motherboard with 4 ram slots, for future upgrade ability.

Do you know how much is the next cheapest motherboard with 4 ram slots?

1 hour ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

Do you know how much is the next cheapest motherboard with 4 ram slots?

its quite a jump in price: http://www.msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/16366-asus-b150m-a-intel-b150-s1151-4xddr4-1xpciex16-dvi-d-sub-hdmi-usb30-micro-atx-motherboard.html

unless u want a ddr3 model, which would save you a few bucks on RAM:

http://www.msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/new-products/16103--asus-b150m-plus-d3-intel-b150-s1151-4xddr3-2xpciex16-dvi-d-sub-hdmi-usb30-atx-motherboard.html

(make sure to pick DDR3L memory)

2 hours ago, TrigrH said:

Just curious, whats the difference between having 4 ram slots, or having 2 rams slots when you could upgrade the RAM separately? Like I could get 2 x 8GB RAM when upgrading? 

19 hours ago, TrigrH said:

No gold is more efficient than bronze

2 hours ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

Just curious, whats the difference between having 4 ram slots, or having 2 rams slots when you could upgrade the RAM separately? Like I could get 2 x 8GB RAM when upgrading? 

You could do that, but it would just mean not using your existing sticks and getting completely new ones. I don't think you should upgrade mobo though.

19 hours ago, Moonzy said:

should be, never played heartstone :D but it shouldnt be a demanding game (i live under a rock, i know)

worst case is that you just turn down the settings

yea, get whichever is cheaper, win 7/8/8.1/10 xD they all end up as windows 10 anyway

well if you wanna add a gpu in the future for w/e reason, you'll want a higher wattage, but for your current build, its more than enough to power two of it lol

Some people are saying how I should get the i3 6100 instead of the i5 6500 as it is completely overkill for office use and casual gaming and the i3 is capable of doing just that for cheaper. And that I should instead use the money for something like the GT 750 Ti. I am unsure whether I should get the i3 or i5 processor.