I want 500 ping

Duck_from_Estonia

Another thought I just had, why not sign up with one of those VPNs with servers in multiple countries across the planet, and choose a server in a country on the other side of the world from you. That would give you several hundred ms of extra lag.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Wouldn't a cheaper and better solution be to actually practice and try to be good at the game? As an adult, I can't wrap my head around the idea of spending money to cheat when practicing is free.

-KuJoe

Well this thread is hilarious. I mostly agree with the statement "get better at the game" but I totally understand where you are coming from.

The anti lag mechanisms that are put in to games now days is having the opposite effect of the intended purpose and disenfranchise people with very good internet connections. This is also the direct result of the abolishment of dedicated game servers and the industry moving to p2p hot seat hosting, it was an awful idea then and still is now. Beyond Korea and less than a handful of European countries the world just doesn't have good enough internet infrastructure to the masses for it to work fairly for all.

First most home routers have no way of limiting bandwidth (that work), second online gaming actually uses VERY little bandwidth (less than 1 Mbps) so limiting won't do anything, third you would have to limit your bandwidth to less than the size of a game data packet to actually increase data latency.

What you actually want is to do what you have been asking, add latency to your connection. FreeBSD can do this, I was actually doing this about 10 years ago to simulate bad internet connections for research in to different remote access methods and how they handle reduced bandwidth, or high latency or both.

Edit: Also as @brwainer said, just use a VPN. That is a sure fire way of adding latency without you having to do anything.