Best way to strem local movies from PC to TV

Hi. I have LG TV with Webos 2.0 and I want to stream movies from my pc, witch is in another room, to tv. 

Right now I am looking at Apple TV and air video hd or Nvidia shield and Plex.

For what i can find air video is better than plex but Shield can stream games too.

Or maybe just go with NAS but again in my apartment only option is wireless internet.

So Apple TV or Nvidia Shield or something else?

Nvidia shield seems to be the best option for game streaming, but I believe you need a compatible Nvidia graphics card to stream it. If media streaming is the only thing that needs to be done, almost anything under the moon supports plex, I know Chromecast supports it, might be a cheap option to do it. Or you could go really low tech and get a long hdmi cable and wireless keyboard.

I like good humans and good food

Get a shield tablet, it can do 95% of what the shield TV can do, and it's also a tablet.

The reason I say 95% is because it's running mobile android, and not Android TV. So the TV experience will be slightly less intuitive out of the box. But it's nothing some new apps can't rectify. 

Shield all the way. Apple TV is too apple. If you had a Mac I'd say go with apple TV.

Off shore android box is another solution, Plex and Kodi work very well, For a couple dollars you can get a more remote friendly launcher.

I have a Nexus player(same a shield os), an off shore android box, a windows 10 HTPC and an Xbox One on different TV's for media streaming.

I would say the Nexus player is best for any Google App, off shore player is best overall especially with an air mouse but even without it's pretty good, HTPC with Kodi works but only Kodi, everything else is mouse and keyboard focus'd, Air mouse doesn't seem to work as well but I'm sure tweaking the settings would help. I just use a wireless keyboard with touch pad.

Plex works well on the Xbox one, all apss work mint but apps are very limited,

Thanks for replies. Then i will go with shield.

1 minute ago, WooZ_Lv said:

Thanks for replies. Then i will go with shield.

Can't you just directly cast to your device if you have a DLNA enabled device?

Depending on your TV you might be able to share the video files across your network and play them on your TV. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

something you can install kodi on, its on every device in my house and works brilliantly. you add folders on your pc as a source on the device with kodi installed and it literally requires zero setup on the pc. i believe you can install kodi on the shield, we have an android box in one bedroom with it on and it works brilliantly.