Folding and Netflix(Multi-tasking)

I have browsed the web, watched youtube, skype while Full folding. So in practice, I should be able to watch Netflix. Am I wrong?

What else is(not) recommended while folding? 

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Why don't you try it and find out for your self? I don't even fold this is just common sense.

You will be able to watch videos(including Netflix)while folding on the CPU only. I watch Blu ray movies on my rig with no problem while folding.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I do it and nothing really happens but in a rare occasion the audio and video can go out of of sync, just have to pause and un pause to fix though.

Go right ahead.

When I fold with my GPU on and I play movies with WMP 12, it lags a little.

Solution: VLC Media Player.

the only times I stop folding on my primary card and cpu is when I game or use photoshop. everything else is fair game

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Yep, until you test yourself, with your config, you won't know. Go figure, with a 780 OC'ed likes nuts, I can game and fold. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

^  I can play battlefield 3 ultra 60fps and keep folding

Test your hardware

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.