Good, powerful laptop around $800

I need help looking for a good $850-$800 laptop.  I would be willing to go a little above if necessary and the unit has a SSD + HDD combo.

Specs needed:

GTX 960M or better

i5 or i7 HQ Skylake CPU

Good battery life

Okay or better keyboard

Thanks, I've already done some research but I want to find the best model for the price, and see all my options.

Presently, my choice would be the ASUS FZ50VW-NS51

This laptop will be used for College next year and needs to have decent battery life and will not be my main PC, (thanks to living at home.)

I need it to have decent ability at AutoCAD, and gaming performance is nice too.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

2 minutes ago, lh99 said:

you could take a look at the dell 7559 15" buy the basic model for i think 800$ and than upgrade to an ssd

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=fncwpw5715h&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

Wait what? How does a Skylake CPU have DDR3 RAM?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, lh99 said:

you could take a look at the dell 7559 15" buy the basic model for i think 800$ and than upgrade to an ssd

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=fncwpw5715h&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

I've already looked, there are even i7 models for $835...  I do not know about its keyboard though...  some people say it's fine, others bad.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

Just now, Orangeator said:

i guess just an error on the website, but it could be possible, because skylake cpus funktion with ddr3 and ddr4, you only have to decide for one

Just now, Orangeator said:

The proper motherboard, even on desktops, I think the B150 or H110 have DDR3.

It's not an error, the ASUS model I mentioned has a i5, 960M, SSD, HDD, DDR4, and a Disk drive + USB Type C...  it's the whole package minus its awful screen.

2 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

I've already looked, there are even i7 models for $835...  I do not know about its keyboard though...  some people say it's fine, others bad.

never used it myself, but i guess keyboards on laptops will never be as good as a dedicated one, when you don´t go crazy high price

i haven't seen good and powerful, 800$ and a laptop in same sentence before. don't be picky, you gotta make some compromises with that budget especially since you are getting a laptop.

On 3/24/2016 at 8:34 PM, Weak1ings said:

I need help looking for a good $850-$800 laptop.  I would be willing to go a little above if necessary and the unit has a SSD + HDD combo.

Specs needed:

GTX 960M or better

i5 or i7 HQ Skylake CPU

Good battery life

Okay or better keyboard

Thanks, I've already done some research but I want to find the best model for the price, and see all my options.

Presently, my choice would be the ASUS FZ50VW-NS51

This laptop will be used for College next year and needs to have decent battery life and will not be my main PC, (thanks to living at home.)

I need it to have decent ability at AutoCAD, and gaming performance is nice too.

1. Asus FZ50VW Review

2. In short, a nice laptop, but screen is a little problem

3. I would consider going with the Dell 7559, even refurbished, and use the extra money to get a nice SSD and/or a good display panel

?