My Playstation Plus games haul from over 2 years (image)

Hello everyone. 

I often see people mention how one major component of why it's a good thing to be a PC gamer is that Steam Sales recoup any extra costs in making a decent gaming PC. That consoles can't compete in terms of game price. And how Playstation Plus free games aren't free because you do technically pay for them, which I admit, you do.

Note: I primarily game on PC, but I do own a PS2, PS3, PS4, and PSP.

However, I wanted to take inventory and really see what I've got so far from being a Playstation Plus member for over 2 years and actively getting the free games (since you have to manually get them in the store and they aren't automatically given to you) for most of that time (I'd say I've missed 20% of the them overall).

Here is the image (you'll have to click it to make it readable).

To give you an idea, this is effectively $150 spent as 3 years of Playstation Plus is that much (and I have bought it yearly up until recently where I bought the 3 months package).

Here is a list of games I actually was happy to get (there are always those you don't care for when you don't have a choice):  

• Limbo  
  • Trine 2 Complete Story  
  • Binding of Isaac Rebirth  
  • Spelunky  
  • Dust: An Elysian Tale  
  • Transistor  
  • inFAMOUS: First Light  
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us  
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War  
  • MGSV: Ground Zeroes  
  • Rocket League  
  • Super Meat Boy  
  • CounterSpy  
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip  
  • Playstation All Stars Royale  
  • Gravity Rush  
  • God of War: Ascension  
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time  
  • Twisted Metal (newest one)  
  • ICO & Shadow of Colossus  
  • Thomas Was Alone  
  • Lone Survivor  
  • Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut  
  • Terraria  
  • Payday 2  
  • Grim Fandango Remastered  
  • Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition  
  • Metro: Last Light  
  • Skullgirls Encore  
  • NBA 2K14  
  • Bioshock Infinite  
  • Dishonored  
  • Saint's Row: The Third  
  • Batman Arkham City  
  • Batman Arkham Asylum  
  • Muramasa Rebirth  
  • Yakuza 4  
  • Borderlands 2  
  • Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower  
  • Monster Hunter Freedome Unite  
  • Jet Set Radio  
  • Street Fighter X Tekken  
  • Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection  
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen  
  • Thief  
  • Hitman Trilogy  
  • Mass Effect 2  
  • Dead Space 3  
  • Dragon Age: Origins  
  • Crysis 3  
  • Medal of Honor: Warfighter  
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon  
  • Prototype 2  
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax  
  • Broforce  
  • Uncharted 3's entire single player campaign  
  • Hitman Absolution  
  • Tell Tale's Walking Dead Season 2  
  • Soul Sacrifice  
  • Don't Starve  
  • Outlast  

Note: If you see multiple of the same game in the image of the list, it's either because I got DLC with them (such as Hitman Absolution's silenced pistol) or because I got the game on multiple systems (Vita/PSP, PS3 and PS4) or both. I'd count that personally.

Was the above list worth $150? I would say most definitely yes. 70 games for $150 is pretty great (Hitman trilogy counting as 3 and ICO & Shadow of Colossus counting as 2).

That's not even considering the discounts you get as a Playstation Plus member as well. Being able to play on the Internet at that point is a bonus (even if I feel it should be free anyway).

Of course there were indie games or otherwise games I am not interested in that I got as well, but the above list is only ones I am glad I got (and that list is large and full of AAA titles, even if many are Sony specific ones).

If some of you are Playstation Plus members and want to get games for systems you don't own or want to make the process easier, you can go to the following URL and just get all the free games for the month in 1 process (i.e. log in -> add to cart -> checkout) instead of using multiple systems (if that's still required).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

Since you can't get the games for Vita when accessing the store via PS4 (at least I don't think you can, since I haven't tried in ages and it used to be that way), I have always used the above link as it lets me do so.

Happy gaming.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Wait so are you giving them away? I read the title and the whole entire thing and now I am very confused. :P My Playstation Plus free games haul from over 2 years (image) ? so confused 

1 minute ago, SATANGOD666 said:

Wait so are you giving them away? I read the title and the whole entire thing and now I am very confused. My Playstation Plus free games haul from over 2 years (image) ? so confused

You're right. I modified it. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

You're right. I modified it. 

I got really confused thanks ! LOL though why would you give away all of those games?

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

So vitalius are you gonna binge-play?

naw I'm not that type of player.

1 minute ago, SATANGOD666 said:

I got really confused thanks ! LOL though why would you give away all of those games?

....? I'm not.

† Christian Member †

6 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

naw I'm not that type of player.

all of these games... they're basically begging you to play them all!

Well i have a PS2...might buy a PS3 soon and wonder if they have anything like this.

For perspective there's humble bundle. You can choose which bundles you want to buy and usually you're paying $5-7US for 6 or so games. Since the PS4 has launched I've spent a total of $34US on humble bundles which gave me a total of 51 games. So presumably based on how much you spent I'm 20 games short of your list with $116US left to spend. So I'll guess I'll start adding a few of the smaller games that I've brought recently on Steam:

Rocket League - $14US ($102US left)

Cities Skylines - $15US ($87US left)

Ori and the Blind Forrest - $12US ($75US left)

The Witcher 2 - $3US ($72US left) ... I wanted to know what the fuss was about, not my thing apparently

Geometry Wars 3 - $10US ($62US left)

Bit Trip Collection - $5US ($57US left)... this was 7 games

8 games short of your list, $57US left. I could keep going but I think you get the idea. Note that I'm not saying one gives more than the other or anything like that. Though I will argue that I prefer to decide whether I spend money and where rather than being forced into a subscription. And that's the issue I have with Sony's model. I probably spent about as much as I would have on Sony's platform and got about as many games. The difference is that I didn't have to in order to use their online services.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing