The new Razer Blackwidow X

Inventrious

I don't like this exposed type of illumination, it doesn't look sleek with all those colors scattered across keyboard. A complete color mess!

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

This is a step into right direction for Razer, but I'll wait for the reviews for the final sentence.

11 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

I meant Chroma :o Apparently a RGB gimmick is enough to warrant a price hike of 80$

Which one? and what region are you in? There are no keyboards over the $169 in the USA besides the Deathstalker Ultimate.

16 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Good keyboard? I'm sorry but no media buttons or volume wheel means its not a great keyboard.

Ever since my Logitech g510 (the one with a little screen, in which I receive my news, receive real-time fraps benchmarks, the time, etc, plus RGB lighting.) included these, I am NEVER going back. It is just SOOO inneficient...

Having to press more than 1 key multiple times instead of just scrolling with 1 finger? NOPE. 

My logitech keyboard is still going strong, even after half a decade. Whenever I upgrade, it will be to the Corsair K70 RGB. (Not as good since no screen, but at least media button and wheel).

^this. I got this keyboard years ago used from my cousin (who was a slob and let things brake apart) and loved it! Unfortunately it died a couple months after owning it and, at the time, I was young and had no monies :/ 

If Logitech came back with a good mechanical keyboard with a similar price as razer and corsair = instabuy! (their current kbs are poopoo IMO)

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

8 hours ago, GeekJump said:

^this. I got this keyboard years ago used from my cousin (who was a slob and let things brake apart) and loved it! Unfortunately it died a couple months after owning it and, at the time, I was young and had no monies :/ 

If Logitech came back with a good mechanical keyboard with a similar price as razer and corsair = instabuy! (their current kbs are poopoo IMO)

Dunno whats holding them back. Maybe ill talk with someone from r&d or marketing.

more competition = more innovation and better prices.

recent logitech keyboards are so dissapointing. But yeah, a minimalistic and elegant design of a K70 RGB, with a nice LCD screen like the logitech one and make it mechanic with cherry browns... Perfect keyboars that at 150$ would be 1# in market.

On 3/24/2016 at 11:58 AM, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

beat me by less than a minute :/

Things to notice about the Blackwidow X:

1. $10 cheaper (both standard and chroma versions)

2. Cherry MX Switches instead of "premium razer switches"

3. No top protective plate

Razer finally made a good keyboard.

bZqionL.png

Interesting that he says the real cherry switches cost $10 less than the razer branded knock offs.

Can I get it without the stupid-ass rgb lighting?

8 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

Interesting that he says the real cherry switches cost $10 less than the razer branded knock offs.

And yet the knock offs are rated for 80 million key strokes vs 60 millions for the cherries. The fact that it was heavily inspired by Cherry switches doesnt mean they didnt improve on the design.

12 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

And yet the knock offs are rated for 80 million key strokes vs 60 millions for the cherries. The fact that it was heavily inspired by Cherry switches doesnt mean they didnt improve on the design.

Here's the thing about ratings though, there is no standard. While it is known that cherry tests their switches to make sure they are still within a certain percentage of new switches after 60 million key strokes (and if you saw the LTT video on the cherry factory they are hammering those switches under far from ideal conditions), it may be that the razer switches are simply rated to work after 80 million and may have worn out almost completely at that point.

17 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

If you have a problem with the lighting don't use it. It's not stupid, it's there for you to decide which color(s) you want to use. 

6 hours ago, Inventrious said:

If you have a problem with the lighting don't use it. It's not stupid, it's there for you to decide which color(s) you want to use. 

It's a gimmick that costs 80$ extra dollars. (CAD)

On 25/03/2016 at 2:19 PM, OptimisticRealist said:

Good keyboard? I'm sorry but no media buttons or volume wheel means its not a great keyboard.

Ever since my Logitech g510 (the one with a little screen, in which I receive my news, receive real-time fraps benchmarks, the time, etc, plus RGB lighting.) included these, I am NEVER going back. It is just SOOO inneficient...

Having to press more than 1 key multiple times instead of just scrolling with 1 finger? NOPE. 

My logitech keyboard is still going strong, even after half a decade. Whenever I upgrade, it will be to the Corsair K70 RGB. (Not as good since no screen, but at least media button and wheel).

I just re-mapped the 5 macro keys on left hand side of the keyboard to media buttons on mine. Way easier to use.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Fuck that bottom row

Except on the tournament edition, they finally got something right

probably sounds dumb, though what would stop me from taking that "protective" cover off my keyboard? I don't like my current keyboard, though it could make for a nice experiment

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

There's a version of the Blackwidow x which has Cherry mx blue's on Razers uk store.

1 hour ago, Zakb2809 said:

There's a version of the Blackwidow x which has Cherry mx blue's on Razers uk store.

Yep, except it isn't Chroma. 

Ha ha ha, Razer are doing what Logitech are doing. Offer Cherry MX on their non-premium tier. So over time Cherry MX will come to be associated with non-premium, while the alternatives will be considered better than MX. It's a long term strategy. Better not to cut off Cherry switches completely, instead shift user sentiment before they cut off completely. And while they do it they'll still make a pretty penny off the die hard Cherry fans.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I wish WASDKeyboard's would do an RGB board with Gateron switches and options for Cherry/Rebrand stabilizers would be great.  Especially now that they have a 61-keyboard.

Good actually am interested in this may buy it if it comes in browns

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

7 minutes ago, elderago said:

Good actually am interested in this may buy it if it comes in browns

Doesn't seem like it. Only three keyboards so far, and all three are blues.