HELP! MSI Krait Gaming SLI Support

Go to solution Solved by C13GE,

I finally got it working. After a few sneaky checks throughout the night, I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver and then I replaced the SLI bridge with the one the 560ti's came with. I don't know what happened but now it wants to work haha :D

8 hours ago, Simon771 said:

Just what I thought. As long as GPU and motherboard have SLI option it should work. Then you just need correct software. But 560ti require some old drivers if you want SLI to work. SLI itself is a problem, but together with old drivers ... I just hope you won't have any yproblems with it :)

Let us know when you are done with testing :) 

Hey guys. I've just spent a painful 3 hours cable managing and upgrading my PC. Now I turn it on to see that I don't have the SLI option for my two 560ti's. I look on the website to see compatible GPU's and it doesn't list the 560ti as a compatible GPU. So does this mean I'm F****d?

Thanks

C13GE

9 minutes ago, C13GE said:

Hey guys. I've just spent a painful 3 hours cable managing and upgrading my PC. Now I turn it on to see that I don't have the SLI option for my two 560ti's. I look on the website to see compatible GPU's and it doesn't list the 560ti as a compatible GPU. So does this mean I'm F****d?

Thanks

C13GE

*nvm

Did you remember to connect the SLI bridge?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

3 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

*nvm

Did you remember to connect the SLI bridge?

Yes, I did

That motherboard support SLI for sure.

But does it support 560ti SLI? only one way to find out :)

It support GTX 560 SLI, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on 560ti SLI

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I don't think it does, it has every other gpu in the 500 series but the Ti. I'm so stupid I went for it because it was on sale and cheap.

you need to use the older GPU driver which supports your 560Ti

newer drivers stop support for older models SLi

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, dragoon20005 said:

you need to use the older GPU driver which supports your 560Ti

newer drivers stop support for older models SLi

Do you know which driver that would be?

Just now, C13GE said:

Am I going to have to uninstall my current drivers?

Yes. Use DDU tool: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

It would be physically impossible for MSI to create a board that picks on which gpu it wants to support SLI. Either they all support or none at all.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

16 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

16 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

20 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

I thought the same, I don't think they could even do that.

For the downloads, its extremely late here and its gonna take 3 hours for the 200mb download of the driver :( So I'll post in the morning how it ends up. Thanks for your help guys :)

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

It would be physically impossible for MSI to create a board that picks on which gpu it wants to support SLI. Either they all support or none at all.

Just what I thought. As long as GPU and motherboard have SLI option it should work. Then you just need correct software. But 560ti require some old drivers if you want SLI to work. SLI itself is a problem, but together with old drivers ... I just hope you won't have any yproblems with it :)

Just now, C13GE said:

I thought the same, I don't think they could even do that.

For the downloads, its extremely late here and its gonna take 3 hours for the 200mb download of the driver :( So I'll post in the morning how it ends up. Thanks for your help guys :)

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

2 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

The driver didn't work. I don't even have an option to select SLI, but it recognises I have two 560ti's

2 hours ago, Simon771 said:

Okay so I've done some messing around. It is saying that my SLI connector isn't attached. I have a 3 way bridge and the bridge that came with the cards to test, but its too noisy to switch out at 2am :P 

2 hours ago, C13GE said:

The driver didn't work. I don't even have an option to select SLI, but it recognises I have two 560ti's

Let our powers combine.

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/phone-1446411774.gif

I finally got it working. After a few sneaky checks throughout the night, I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver and then I replaced the SLI bridge with the one the 560ti's came with. I don't know what happened but now it wants to work haha :D

8 hours ago, Simon771 said: