Worth it to water cool 6600K and 980?

Is it worth it to water cool and overclock these parts? Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Yeah if you're willing to spend the money

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

Just now, KettyKoala said:

Yeah if you're willing to spend the money

I estimated $400-450 CAD for 1 360 rad, blocks, and tubing

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Not really, you'd be better off selling your 980 and buying a 980 TI.

It will give you more performance for about the same amount of money.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nope, heavy diminishing returns. Both parts are very efficient and don't put out much extra heat during overclocking.

You can reach the vast majority of their potential on air. Especially when you're not going to modify the BIOS of the card and such.

Just now, Majestic said:

Nope, heavy diminishing returns. Both parts are very efficient and don't put out much extra heat during overclocking.

You can reach the vast majority of their potential on air. Especially when you're not going to modify the BIOS of the card and such.

BUT IT LOOKS FANCY

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

Water cooling, especially in a custom loop is not about price vs performance. The price will be high and the performance will be good if you plan and build it correctly. That said, this kind of water cooling is really intended for enthusiasts who want to "hotrod" their rigs. If you have never done it before you can consider it as a fun project but be prepared for the headaches that come with truly custom work. That said if you are an average user looking to get some performance by overclocking a bit higher the price may not be worth it to you. Comes down to a budget / time investment personal choice. Me...I'll stick to good old air :)

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

A custom loop that would meet your needs would be about $400 or so.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I've done it on  similar build (4670k +980) and while it's in no way shape or form worth  it in performance terms,  in aesthetics and making my pc that little bit more unique it he definitely been worth it.  

27 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Is it worth it to water cool and overclock these parts? Thanks!

not worth it imo.... spend your money somewhere else

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

2 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

Water cooling, especially in a custom loop is not about price vs performance. The price will be high and the performance will be good if you plan and build it correctly. That said, this kind of water cooling is really intended for enthusiasts who want to "hotrod" their rigs. If you have never done it before you can consider it as a fun project but be prepared for the headaches that come with truly custom work. That said if you are an average user looking to get some performance by overclocking a bit higher the price may not be worth it to you. Comes down to a budget / time investment personal choice. Me...I'll stick to good old air :)

^ Exactly, it's more about making the system "yours" than it is getting the best price/performance.  A custom loop is totally up to you and therefore an extension of your mind.  It really put's your personal touch on the PC, to a much greater extant than just choosing which premade components(cpu/mobo/gpu/aio/case) to match up for a build.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Honestly, I knew it wasn't worth it to watercool my 4790K and 980Ti, even with my overclocks. I did it because I wanted near silence, and it was pretty. I'm still glad I did. It's quite a bit to fun to build something like I did. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

Nope.

That said, I have a watercooled HD7950 and fx6300

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."