My first build (budget)

7 minutes ago, BenKavanagh said:

how far could this pc get me? could i get 30-60 fps on gta v 1080p low settings? and suggestion are appreciated, my budget is 600 CAD. *No psu because i already have one (500w bronze)* http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xWpn3C

Should spend a bit more and get a 4GB 380, also probably a WD drive

Also AM4 should be out soon, that would be a much better platform to get on rather than FM2+

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YKwn3C
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YKwn3C/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($97.98 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($61.88 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.88 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.35 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 380 4GB royalQueen OC Video Card  ($264.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($25.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $552.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-22 22:45 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

This is the bare minimums I could get down to. With taxes and everything, you're paying a bit over 600 CAD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($155.91 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($76.77 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($56.48 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.48 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 370 2GB NITRO OC Video Card  ($237.97 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.36 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $622.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-22 22:57 EDT-0400

Edited by Shahnewaz
Changed the HDD again.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

15 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Should spend a bit more and get a 4GB 380, also probably a WD drive

Also AM4 should be out soon, that would be a much better platform to get on rather than FM2+

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YKwn3C
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YKwn3C/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($97.98 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($61.88 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.88 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.35 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 380 4GB royalQueen OC Video Card  ($264.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($25.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $552.07
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-22 22:45 EDT-0400

Thanks for the help but some questions: Why do you say 4gb vram? Would 2gb not be enough? When would am4 come out and how much more would i be spending? And why is it worth it to go to a wd drive rather then the one on the list? Thanks

Edited by BenKavanagh

You're probably gonna need a beefier PSU for a graphics card if you upgrade from a 950 to something else. 500W is really just barebones for Gaming PCs but will work fine in a system with no GPU.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

I've updated my original post too many times. So here's my updated build falling just under 600 CAD, tax included.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($155.91 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($76.77 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($56.48 @ NCIX)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.48 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R7 370 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card  ($201.64 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $586.64
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-22 23:02 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

8 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

You're probably gonna need a beefier PSU for a graphics card if you upgrade from a 950 to something else. 500W is really just barebones for Gaming PCs but will work fine in a system with no GPU.

Nope. 500 watts is plenty of juice for most moderate to high end gaming PCs and mild overclockers.

12 minutes ago, BenKavanagh said:

Thanks for the help but some questions: Why do you say 4gb vram? Would 2gb not be enough? When would am4 come out and how much more would i be spending? And why is it worth it to go to a wd drive rather then the one on the list? Thanks

4gbs is just going to let it last a bit longer for gaming, and it gives you some additional performance in some games that use a lot of VRAM, the price difference is basically nothing anyways

aside from that seagate drives in general are fine, it's just that WD are seemingly the more reliable brand, but it's really only the larger seagate drives that seem to die quickly I have a dead 3TB one myself

details on AM4 are still mostly rumor, but it should be out soon ish, also if you can save up more money in the mean time that's a bonus as well, if you really want to just get gaming, maybe sell the PC later you could get a really low cost APU system at just over 300

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/frZd4D

http://wccftech.com/amd-am4-motherboards-launch-q2-2016-for-bristol-ridge-apus/

http://wccftech.com/amd-am4-cpu-apu-motherboard/

8 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

I've updated my original post too many times. So here's my updated build falling just under 600 CAD, tax included.

the 6300 isn't going to be worth it with the weaker GPU and the 950 is faster than the 370 by a decent margin

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Instead of the Athlon, I would go for the G3258 from Intel. Even though it has half the number of cores, the two cores that is has are more powerful and can be overclocked to hell. With the stock cooler on, it can be oc to 4.2 ghz. 

Just now, Streetguru said:

the 6300 isn't going to be worth it with the weaker GPU and the 950 is faster than the 370 by a decent margin

The R7 370 is the highest you could go without bottle-necking the FX-6300. The Athlon will bottleneck the stronger GTX 950 even further. Not good.

7 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Nope. 500 watts is plenty of juice for most moderate to high end gaming PCs and mild overclockers.

Well, nevermind then xD

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

2 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

Instead of the Athlon, I would go for the G3258 from Intel. Even though it has half the number of cores, the two cores that is has are more powerful and can be overclocked to hell. With the stock cooler on, it can be oc to 4.2 ghz. 

Unless he's upgrading quickly to an i3 or higher that won't be worth it, plus then you have to spend more on a Z series chipset

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

The R7 370 is the highest you could go without bottle-necking the FX-6300. The Athlon will bottleneck the stronger GTX 950 even further. Not good.

The athlon will be faster than the 6300 in games that only use 4 threads as it's faster per core.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The athlon will be faster than the 6300 in games that only use 4 threads as it's faster per core.

Is it? Well, I've found these 2 videos, and the FX-6300 seems generally faster, while trading a few blows with the Athlon.

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

But that still wouldn't make it worth the extra 50 bucks when that gets you a much stronger GPU

Spoiler

Damn so many suggestions, PC's are stressful lol! Thanks everyone for the help. 

But if we bring it down to the cpu, ive got: i can wait for am4, i can get a fx 6300, athlon x4 860, g3258 (i think thats all)

and for gpu ive heard: gtx 750 ti, gtx 950, 960, r7 370, r9 390 and have been told to get 4gb vram over 2.

just to clairify and to be honest i will

mostly play counter strike, along with H1Z1, skyrim and payday so moderately demanding games i guess. Im looking to get 35-60 fps on skyrim max settings 1080p. 

So out of those cpu's and gpu's. What do you recommend? And around $350 CAD for those 2 parts

59 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

But that still wouldn't make it worth the extra 50 bucks when that gets you a much stronger GPU

Extra 50 bucks? I didn't see that. Hmm, now that you mention it, I see your point.

But I'm still finding hard to recommend an R9 class or a GTX class GPU with a budget CPU. If I had both of the CPUs and both R7 370 and R9 380, I would pair it this way:

Athlon X4 with R7 370. Both part cost less. Ultimate budget build.

FX 6300 with R9 380. Slight CPU advantage, and more cores will help in DX12 and beyond.

1 hour ago, BenKavanagh said:

Damn so many suggestions, PC's are stressful lol! Thanks everyone for the help. 

But if we bring it down to the cpu, ive got: i can wait for am4, i can get a fx 6300, athlon x4 860, g3258 (i think thats all)

and for gpu ive heard: gtx 750 ti, gtx 950, 960, r7 370, r9 390 and have been told to get 4gb vram over 2.

just to clairify and to be honest i will

mostly play counter strike, along with H1Z1, skyrim and payday so moderately demanding games i guess. Im looking to get 35-60 fps on skyrim max settings 1080p. 

So out of those cpu's and gpu's. What do you recommend? And around $350 CAD for those 2 parts

I don't know how much the other games demand, but for CS:GO (1080p max no AA except FXAA) you can frankly get away with EVEN cheaper builds like this, if you'd like:

CPU: AMD A8-7600 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($112.97 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($69.92 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($62.13 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply  ($47.46 @ shopRBC)
Total: $388.32
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-23 01:00 EDT-0400

Yeah, I've went THAT far. xD