Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard

G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card

EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSC0 DVD/CD Writer

Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan

You're way, way overkill on your PSU. If your PSU costs more than the CPU, you're doing it wrong :P

Got a budget in mind? Specific uses?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

21 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

You're way, way overkill on your PSU. If your PSU costs more than the CPU, you're doing it wrong :P

I want more future customization so I went to use a 650watt it cost 90$ and the 750 watt was 85$ hope that clears it up.

12 minutes ago, Hard checker said:

I want more future customization so I went to use a 650watt it cost 90$ and the 750 watt was 85$ hope that clears it up.

You won't need more than a 500W PSU since the new GPU architectures will bring lower consumption. If you're wanting upgrade room, go with an Intel i3 6100 since AMD's platform won't really give you much on its high end choices and lower down that PSU to a much cheaper SeaSonic or XFX one.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

You won't need more than a 500W PSU since the new GPU architectures will bring lower consumption. If you're wanting upgrade room, go with an Intel i3 6100 since AMD's platform won't really give you much on its high end choices and lower down that PSU to a much cheaper SeaSonic or XFX one.

If he has the PSU already, don't b**** about it, it's still a great PSU in the long run

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

38 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

3 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

OK I also am using a ernmax usb3.0 reader its a small bit of a sleeper.

Just now, Hard checker said:

OK I also am using a ernmax usb3.0 reader its a small bit of a sleeper.

Weird case, didn't know it existed

Spoiler

Just now, ZillaGames said:

Weird case, didn't know it existed

It at first was a mix of awesomenessauce's sleeper build and console killer build it has really changed.

5 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

If he has the PSU already, don't b**** about it, it's still a great PSU in the long run

???

He doesn't have the PSU... I'm saying he should spend less on the PSU and get a better CPU...

Spoiler

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

???

He doesn't have the PSU... I'm saying he should spend less on the PSU and get a better CPU...

Still, 750w is the sweet spot, and 650w is a bit of a stretch considering he may want to get a second GPU and run the two together, and 650w just wouldn't cut it

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

Still, 750w is the sweet spot, and 650w is a bit of a stretch considering he may want to get a second GPU and run the two together, and 650w just wouldn't cut it

A stronger single GPU is always better than two weaker ones since SLI/Crossfire will bring potentially bring problems. That being said, a 500W should be enough for any of the upcoming cards. I'd rather let OP get a better CPU path rather than trying to 'futureproof' his PSU.

Spoiler

I'm going off of PC part pickers prediction of wattage not counting the ernmax 3.0 USB reader it said "310 watts".

17 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

A stronger single GPU is always better than two weaker ones since SLI/Crossfire will bring potentially bring problems. That being said, a 500W should be enough for any of the upcoming cards. I'd rather let OP get a better CPU path rather than trying to 'futureproof' his PSU.

At least make sure OP gets a 650w, i just wouldn't feel safe using a 500w PSU under heavy workloads. Right now my AMD FX 4100 and 650 TI are pulling 550 watts out of my 750w PSU at load, so.

Spoiler