Legitimate buyers of GTA V on Xbox 360 banned after Amazons early shipment!

M-ursu

Legitimate Buyers of GTA V on Xbox 360 Banned After Amazons Early Shipment

post-2255-0-01574000-1379347899_thumb.jp

As you may already know there had been a massive early shipment from Amazon UK of GTA V. The PreOrder copies of GTA V made it to the doorsteps of some lucky people when Amazon UK broke the embargo of 17th September and shipped it early. The matter is currently being investigated by Rockstar. However the ones that did receive Legit copies of GTA V early due to the Amazon Mishap might not be very lucky after all.

post-2255-0-68486900-1379347849.png

The problem is simple, Microsoft has been banning people over on Xbox Live who posted any video or picture related to GTA V (ingame of course) before the release date (17th September). This action is being taken by Microsoft to ban any obvious Pirated GTA V Users and it was all in a days work until Amazon  screwed up shipped GTA V Legitimate copies before the Release Date.

After which we started receiving reports that people who had legally bought GTA V and got it from Amazon ‘s early ship are getting banned. The reason? they posted some innocent Video or Picture of ingame GTA V and got tagged as Pirates. Pretty sad seeing that they didn’t actually do anything wrong and payed the price.

DO Not Share Any Video or Photo – Infact We would urge you not to play the game till after the 17th

(Xbox 360 Users Only)

However as far as we can tell there have been no repercussions from the Sony or Playstation on using the early copies. So if you received an early copy of GTA V on the PS3 you are probably safe enough.

It would have been interesting to see Microsofts response had there been more time. Quite an interesting conundrum it would have been for the Xbox Live people – Ban the Early Users and risk banning Legit users OR let the Early Users live and let crime pay.

Grand Theft Auto V will launch on Xbox 360 and PS3 tomorrow.

Someone at Amazon UK made a mistake send these games out one day too early. It is not known that how many gamers managed to get this game too early, but Rockstar has confirmed it’s investigating how and why those deliveries occurred.

Microsoft reportedly began banning Xbox Live accounts of people it could identify.

Typically, having your system banned from Xbox Live means you’ll have to buy another one to access the console’s online component again. That certainly seems like a harsh penalty for legitimate paying customers who just happened to receive their copy one day in advance due to a shipping error. In fairness, though, pirated copies of the game were in the wild days earlier so it's unclear if Microsoft specifically targeted those.

post-2255-0-07524300-1379348480_thumb.jp

In other GTA V news, calls for a PC version of the game might be answered in the not-too-distant future, as code from a configuration file posted on Pastebin and allegedly coming from a pirated Xbox 360 version of the game points towards PC and PS4 releases. We can’t vouch for the leak’s legitimacy but it seems to have been validated by a legal request sent to Cinema Blend asking them to remove links to the XML.

Grand Theft Auto V is expected to smash sales records for the current generation of consoles, with some analysts predicting it could push up to 20 million copies by March of next year. Some have estimated the game's development and marketing budget at $260 million or more.

GTA V is gonna sell $1 billion in retail sales in its first month alone.

Source:

Wish mine was in the early shipment, turns out Rockstar asked Amazon to not ship any until today... Disappointing after a day excited to play it when I got home.

ha.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

17-i-lol.jpg?1318992465

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Hahah i got it for PC. Get it pc haahphoto-16690.gif?_r=1379312122

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

quot+In+the+middle+of+porking+her+lol+ge

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Legitimate Buyers of GTA V on Xbox 360 Banned After Amazons Early Shipment
As you may already know there had been a massive early shipment from Amazon UK of GTA V. The PreOrder copies of GTA V made it to the doorsteps of some lucky people when Amazon UK broke the embargo of 17th September and shipped it early. The matter is currently being investigated by Rockstar. However the ones that did receive Legit copies of GTA V early due to the Amazon Mishap might not be very lucky after all.
The problem is simple, Microsoft has been banning people over on Xbox Live who posted any video or picture related to GTA V (ingame of course) before the release date (17th September). This action is being taken by Microsoft to ban any obvious Pirated GTA V Users and it was all in a days work until Amazon  screwed up shipped GTA V Legitimate copies before the Release Date.

After which we started receiving reports that people who had legally bought GTA V and got it from Amazon ‘s early ship are getting banned. The reason? they posted some innocent Video or Picture of ingame GTA V and got tagged as Pirates. Pretty sad seeing that they didn’t actually do anything wrong and payed the price.

DO Not Share Any Video or Photo – Infact We would urge you not to play the game till after the 17th
(Xbox 360 Users Only)
However as far as we can tell there have been no repercussions from the Sony or Playstation on using the early copies. So if you received an early copy of GTA V on the PS3 you are probably safe enough.
It would have been interesting to see Microsofts response had there been more time. Quite an interesting conundrum it would have been for the Xbox Live people – Ban the Early Users and risk banning Legit users OR let the Early Users live and let crime pay.

Tomorrow marks the official release of Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox 360 and PS3. But someone at Amazon UK must have gotten a little over enthusiastic as pre-orders were being dispatched and delivered to customers’ doors ahead of time. It's unclear just how many gamers managed to get an early crack at the sprawling world of Los Santos, but Rockstar has confirmed it’s investigating how and why those deliveries occurred.

Whether that scales up to a full-on legal mess for those involved or not, it was certainly a nice surprise for buyers of the game. But the excitement was short-lived for some. After footage started to emerge on sites like Twitter and Instagram Microsoft reportedly began banning Xbox Live accounts of people it could identify.

Typically, having your system banned from Xbox Live means you’ll have to buy another one to access the console’s online component again. That certainly seems like a harsh penalty for legitimate paying customers who just happened to receive their copy one day in advance due to a shipping error. In fairness, though, pirated copies of the game were in the wild days earlier so it's unclear if Microsoft specifically targeted those.

More info
In other GTA V news, calls for a PC version of the game might be answered in the not-too-distant future, as code from a configuration file posted on Pastebin and allegedly coming from a pirated Xbox 360 version of the game points towards PC and PS4 releases. We can’t vouch for the leak’s legitimacy but it seems to have been validated by a legal request sent to Cinema Blend asking them to remove links to the XML.

The site also mentions it’s not uncommon to see PC related code on a console release, as “most developers build games around a general code base and configure the game's specifications per platform within an single config file, as opposed to building new code or separate config files for each and every platform.”

Grand Theft Auto V is expected to smash sales records for the current generation of consoles, with some analysts predicting it could push up to 20 million copies by March of next year. Some have estimated the game's development and marketing budget at $260 million or more, right up there with big Hollywood blockbusters.
Source:

Microsoft is really trying hard to run themselves into the ground/encouraging angry consumers to form a mob with pitch forks. Rockstar isn't guilt-free either. This entire mess is making me not want to play GTA V nor care if it ends up being a pirate field day.

Ouch, feel so sorry for those legitimate buyers, hopefully they can get unbanned.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

GTAV leaked 1000 times delayed 100times and now this X.x god... 

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Yay digital goods that are still delivered like physical things. The question now. To buy or to wait for the pc port.

another reason why microsoft suck

Yay digital goods that are still delivered like physical things. The question now. To buy or to wait for the pc port.

Pirate it for your xbox/ps3 and wait for the PC version to buy it if you want to play it.

No use buying for a 8year old system.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Yaaazz

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Pirate it for your xbox/ps3 and wait for the PC version to buy it if you want to play it.

No use buying for a 8year old system.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't get any use out of it after the port would come out and I really don't think its fair to pay for the same game twice. I doubt they would make the port like 5-10 for people who bought the console version. I mean it was big news that if you bought cod on 360 you could upgrade to the one version for like $15 if I recall correctly.

i will type my own version, like i always do...

hi mursu

ot: amazons fault but dw its never any of the companies faults, always the consumer

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I have no sympathy for anyone who got banned for running this game before release.  They knew this was coming and for them to go online essentially brag to Microsoft and everyone else... well... your fault.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I was LOOLing like crazy but then I realized that will have to wait along time before I will be able to play it on my PC, and after that I went to a corner and cried.

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M