new PC Windows 10 install help

Bliznipa

So I'm.about to install w10 on my brand new pc, and have watched many videos about how to do it, but one thing I don't understand is the partitioning screen. I've seen different methods of doing it and I guess I just don't understand how to go about it or what exactly is happening. I'm going to be installing w10 via DVD thru my DVD drive and saving it to a 480 gb ssd. This ssd will be my only saving device currently.

I've done some research here but can't really find what I'm looking for. If someone could explain the partitioning screen (deleting, new partition, formatting, system reserved, unpartitioned space etc) that would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to screw up my brand new pc!

Any help is thoroughly appreciated!!!

17 minutes ago, Bliznipa said:

So I'm.about to install w10 on my brand new pc, and have watched many videos about how to do it, but one thing I don't understand is the partitioning screen. I've seen different methods of doing it and I guess I just don't understand how to go about it or what exactly is happening. I'm going to be installing w10 via DVD thru my DVD drive and saving it to a 480 gb ssd. This ssd will be my only saving device currently.

I've done some research here but can't really find what I'm looking for. If someone could explain the partitioning screen (deleting, new partition, formatting, system reserved, unpartitioned space etc) that would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to screw up my brand new pc!

Any help is thoroughly appreciated!!!

I just did this yesterday, I used a USB though. I think you should be OK if you have any partitions to delete them. Everyone says you should.

On 3/21/2016 at 6:35 PM, g12601 said:

I just did this yesterday, I used a USB though. I think you should be OK if you have any partitions to delete them. Everyone says you should.

23 hours ago, blackjack.country said:

yes make sure that you do not split the drive

So what do I do once I delete the system reserve part?