possibility of water cooling non-reference nvidia gtx 980 ti

so I have been wandering myself most of the time. Is it possible for me to water cooling my gigabyte gtx 980 ti g1 gaming? I wanna hear you guys opinion about this. I would go for aio water block if water cooling is possible rather than making custom loop water cooling. thanks guys

Edited by Mrtrickzter

My opinion is go big on water cooling a gpu or go home. Means everything but custom and the R9 Fury X solutions don´t have the VRM watercooled. Maxwell´s OCing potential come from ASIC and VRM quality and temps.

Buy a fullcover block and custom loop or stay with air.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

3 minutes ago, Mrtrickzter said:

so I have been wandering myself most of the time. Is it possible for me to water cooling my gigabyte gtx 980 ti g1 gaming? I wanna hear you guys opinion about this. I would go for aio water block if water cooling is possible rather than making custom loop water cooling. thanks guys

I'm sure that this is possible.
You can fit a lot of AIO CPU coolers on graphics cards. The only thing you'll need are some heatsinks for the memory chips and a fan blowing air on it.

9 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

Should of got the 980ti hybrid :/

it is quite sometime already that i own my current 908 ti. Also it was a silly of me as well for not considering liquid cooling 980 ti at the time i bought my gpu

6 minutes ago, Najuno said:

My opinion is go big on water cooling a gpu or go home. Means everything but custom and the R9 Fury X solutions don´t have the VRM watercooled. Maxwell´s OCing potential come from ASIC and VRM quality and temps.

Buy a fullcover block and custom loop or stay with air.

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I'm sure that this is possible.
You can fit a lot of AIO CPU coolers on graphics cards. The only thing you'll need are some heatsinks for the memory chips and a fan blowing air on it.

okay i will consider custom liquid cooled then. what do you guys think of ek liquid cool product?

15 minutes ago, Mrtrickzter said:

have you checked the watercooling websites? EKWB has a configurator that will tell you if they have something that will fit your card, and Aquatuning has a pretty nice sorting system on their website. Other than that I'm sure you could get an AIO mounted and some heatsinks on the VRMs.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

3 minutes ago, Mrtrickzter said:

okay i will consider custom liquid cooled then. what do you guys think of ek liquid cool product?

EKWB is one of the best manufacturer when it comes to watercooling.
I think they are also the only ones with a full cover waterblock for the G1 Gaming cards.

41 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

EKWB is one of the best manufacturer when it comes to watercooling.
I think they are also the only ones with a full cover waterblock for the G1 Gaming cards.

yeah I just found out that they do have water block for my gpu, I just to make some budget to afford it now xD

42 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

have you checked the watercooling websites? EKWB has a configurator that will tell you if they have something that will fit your card, and Aquatuning has a pretty nice sorting system on their website. Other than that I'm sure you could get an AIO mounted and some heatsinks on the VRMs.

yeah I just found the website. it's pretty good

2 hours ago, Mrtrickzter said:

I exclusively use EKWB for fullcover blocks on GPUs and many other parts. Very good product quality and customer service is nice.

They even produce special stuff if you pay the extra.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling