Looking for a 1440p monitor

King Oriax
Go to solution Solved by Virtual01,

There are really only two, Asus PG279Q or the Acer XB217HU. They are both essentially exactly the same, just pick the one that you can get for cheaper

I want to upgrade to a 1440p monitor that has g-sync, an ips panel, and runs at +80hz overclocking or otherwise. I've found a few that look fine but I've read some reviews about them being either dead on arrival or having major issues. I looked into upgrading almost a year ago but now there's hopefully more than 2 options on the market so any recommendations would be awesome.

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

Asus PG279Q

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

There are really only two, Asus PG279Q or the Acer XB217HU. They are both essentially exactly the same, just pick the one that you can get for cheaper

3 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

I was kinda hoping there would be more out there now but oh well. Guess I'm going with the acer because cheaper, better reviews > extra 20fps

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

1 hour ago, King Oriax said:

I was kinda hoping there would be more out there now but oh well. Guess I'm going with the acer because cheaper, better reviews > extra 20fps

You could look at the last years models, the PG278Q and the XB270HU, but both had some QC problems, especially the Acer. Buying the revised versions is a smarter move in this case.