Monitor prices in the future

Digital

So I'm getting a new display in a few days. But before I purchase anything, I want to just kind of "make sure" that there isn't anything groundbreaking coming on the displayindustry that would lower the prices in the close future. So the question is; is there anything like that coming?

Also what is your guys general opinion about the Benq XL2720Z? (Reasons why I'm going with that is that its big enough, fits in to my budget, has 144Hz refresh rate, and Benq features such as Senseye.)

I have a monitor that i got on the cheap, and when looking it up, it's a thousand dollars.

The only special thing about it is the color range.

I honestly have no idea about the monitor market lmfao

Shipping sucks

To my knowledge the newest tech that is out right now for monitors is the free sync/gsync. I don't think there is anything coming up soon in the monitor world, so that purchase should be good. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

17 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

To my knowledge the newest tech that is out right now for monitors is the free sync/gsync. I don't think there is anything coming up soon in the monitor world, so that purchase should be good. 

I would agree tho I don't really know a lot about the monitor markets. :P 

7 minutes ago, Kagetora34 said:

I would agree tho I don't really know a lot about the monitor markets. :P 

Well actually, now that I think about it. I do not know when OLED monitors will be hitting the market, if they do. So that could be a concern. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Well, nothing would change a products price exponentially. Of course as times goes on all products will slowly go down...

1 hour ago, Canno said:

Well, nothing would change a products price exponentially. Of course as times goes on all products will slowly go down...

That's certainly true.