Guys is this gaming build okay? for 1080 60fps?

Guys just want to ask is this build okay for 1080fps medium to high settings for games like (assassins creed, tomb raider and gta v). i think gtx 970 is to powerful for my monitor. (60hz lg ips)

Chasis Corsair Carbide SPEC-3 RED    
Processor Intel Core i5-6500      
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H-DDR3  
Graphics Card Asus GTX 960 Strix 4gb    
Memory Gskill RipjawsX 8GB Dual 4x4gb 1600   
Harddrive Seagate 1tb      
SSD samsung 850 evo 250gb    
Power Supply Seasonic G-550       
Monitor LG 23MP67HQ 23 inch IPS     

Just want to play games for about 4 to 5hrs.. this is my first rig so please help me :)

I would pick the R9 390 4GB over the 960 4GB since it beats it with a good CPU. Also pick a board with DRR4, since it gotten cheaper lately .Otherwise should be fine

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, JustinM said:

Guys just want to ask is this build okay for 1080fps medium to high settings for games like (assassins creed, tomb raider and gta v). i think gtx 970 is to powerful for my monitor. (60hz lg ips)

Chasis Corsair Carbide SPEC-3 RED    
Processor Intel Core i5-6500      
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H-DDR3  
Graphics Card Asus GTX 960 Strix 4gb    
Memory Gskill RipjawsX 8GB Dual 4x4gb 1600   
Harddrive Seagate 1tb      
SSD samsung 850 evo 250gb    
Power Supply Seasonic G-550       
Monitor LG 23MP67HQ 23 inch IPS     

Just want to play games for about 4 to 5hrs.. this is my first rig so please help me :)

Nice build!

My native language is C++

done

youre good

not gonna do much better on this budget

(i do prefer asus boards though)

You're making a mistake with the motherboard. You can get a H110 motherboard from Gigabyte or MSI for less money than your current B150M board with support for DDR4 memory, which will yield better performance in CPU-intense scenarios.

Also, even as your current RAM goes, how does 4x4 GB add up to 8?

3 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

done

youre good

not gonna do much better on this budget

(i do prefer asus boards though)

i actually prefer asus mobo too :) its just hard to find asus that had 4 slot mem in the website of my retailer that has the same price range. haha

8 minutes ago, Kyle Manning said:

Nice build!

Thank you man!:)

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You're making a mistake with the motherboard. You can get a H110 motherboard from Gigabyte or MSI for less money than your current B150M board with support for DDR4 memory, which will yield better performance in CPU-intense scenarios.

ah...can you suggest mobo that had those 4 DDR4 slot? some boards had only 2 slots of DDR4 memory.. the 4 slots is to expensive in my retailer..

1 minute ago, JustinM said:

ah...can you suggest mobo that had those 4 DDR4 slot? some boards had only 2 slots of DDR4 memory.. the 4 slots is to expensive in my retailer..

You don't need 4 slots. Just get a 2-slot motherboard and get one 8GB stick of DDR4 memory. Add in another one when you want to upgrade.

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

I would pick the R9 390 4GB over the 960 4GB since it beats it with a good CPU. Also pick a board with DRR4, since it gotten cheaper lately .Otherwise should be fine

there are r9 390 with 4gb vram? o-o

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

You don't need 4 slots. Just get a 2-slot motherboard and get one 8GB stick of DDR4 memory. Add in another one when you want to upgrade.

Thanks man! this would take a lot of reseach again! but i will find that right mobo for me with ddr4 slots! hahaha thanks again! :) 

Nice build but if it was me, i would remove the ssd, put more money towards the gpu and aim for a 390 or 970 ( no, those cards wont be overkill for 1080p, specially if you're running Gta V ) and buy the ssd later down the road.

With those specs, I'm sure you'll be fine for 1080p gaming @ 60Hz on those titles. You may need slightly lower settings for Tomb Raider tho

- just helping out -

6 minutes ago, ivryk said:

Nice build but if it was me, i would remove the ssd, put more money towards the gpu and aim for a 390 or 970 ( no, those cards wont be overkill for 1080p, specially if you're running Gta V ) and buy the ssd later down the road.

My first plan was that if not for my lmited budget.. no ssd and a gtx 970..but i have read that gta V can run normal settings 88fps in 970 and 58fps in 960. since my monitor is only 60hz i decided to pick 960..man this is hard! haha im sure i can run 60fps in max settings in gta with 970.. 

10 minutes ago, gvninja10 said:

With those specs, I'm sure you'll be fine for 1080p gaming @ 60Hz on those titles. You may need slightly lower settings for Tomb Raider tho

thanks for the info! :) 

10 minutes ago, JustinM said:

My first plan was that if not for my lmited budget.. no ssd and a gtx 970..but i have read that gta V can run normal settings 88fps in 970 and 58fps in 960. since my monitor is only 60hz i decided to pick 960..man this is hard! haha im sure i can run 60fps in max settings in gta with 970.. 

Thing is, btw i am not bashing the 960 but if you buy the 960 and the ssd, you WILL be locked to the 960 and i doubt you will wanna buy another gpu in months to come. If you buy a 970 or 390 you will have a much better card by quite a huge margin and you will be able to get the ssd later, specially since ssds are coming down in prices.

or

If you down playing the waiting game,get a 750 ti or 950, something small that could hold you out till the new releases, save the cash and then make your purchase.

2 minutes ago, JustinM said:

thanks for the info! :) 

no probs man! If I were you, I'd stick with the list you have so far. If you want better performance in the future, upgrade your GPU when a sale hits (ex. Black Friday, Xmas, Prime Day, etc.)

- just helping out -

26 minutes ago, JustinM said:

Thanks man! this would take a lot of reseach again! but i will find that right mobo for me with ddr4 slots! hahaha thanks again! :) 

No need. Here- a better GPU and a more optimized build overall. Fractal Design makes some nice value cases too.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380X 4GB DD XXX OC Video Card  ($195.49 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $579.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-21 02:29 EDT-0400

4 minutes ago, ivryk said:

Thing is, btw i am not bashing the 960 but if you buy the 960 and the ssd, you WILL be locked to the 960 and i doubt you will wanna buy another gpu in months to come. If you buy a 970 or 390 you will have a much better card by quite a huge margin and you will be able to get the ssd later, specially since ssds are coming down in prices.

this is very true! i think i have to think more about this :) 

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

No need. Here- a better GPU and a more optimized build overall. Fractal Design makes some nice value cases too.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380X 4GB DD XXX OC Video Card  ($195.49 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $579.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-21 02:29 EDT-0400

I just want to ask about the mobo and ram. it says support ddr4 2133.. but the g.skill is 2400? is this compatible? 

Just now, JustinM said:

I just want to ask about the mobo and ram. it says support ddr4 2133.. but the g.skill is 2400? is this compatible? 

your ram will downclock to the highest speed your motherboard and cpu can support

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, JustinM said:

Step it down to a 2133 MHz stick. It'll have the same latency and costs the same anyway.

9 minutes ago, JustinM said:

this is very true! i think i have to think more about this :) 

Ultimately the decision is yours but the thing is, a ssd is more of a luxury item, I'll never recommend them if you are on a tight budget. It all comes down to whats more important to you, 20~30+ more fps that are able to give you a wider range of graphical options to choose from ( aiming for 60 fps ) or faster boot and loading times?, keeping in mind that you can get a ssd later.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

your ram will downclock to the highest speed your motherboard and cpu can support

ah... thank you. now i know. :)

Just now, ivryk said:

Ultimately the decision is yours but the thing is, a ssd is more of a luxury item, I'll never recommend them if you are on a tight budget. It all comes down to whats more important to you, 20~30+ more fps that are able to give you a wider range of graphical options to choose from ( aiming for 60 fps ) or faster boot and loading times, keeping in mind that you can get a ssd later.

A 'luxury item' that's becoming more and more affordable with each passing day. The best reason for holding off on an SSD purchase is because it'll cost a lot less a few months to a year down the line.