Guys is this gaming build okay? for 1080 60fps?

Just now, Aereldor said:

A 'luxury item' that's becoming more and more affordable with each passing day. The best reason for holding off on an SSD purchase is because it'll cost a lot less a few months to a year down the line.

And thats why i said that they're coming down in prices, but i just cant recommend trading frames for faster boot/load times, unless you live off video rendering and stuffs that needs to get done asap.

Just now, Aereldor said:

A 'luxury item' that's becoming more and more affordable with each passing day. The best reason for holding off on an SSD purchase is because it'll cost a lot less a few months to a year down the line.

my opinion of SSD in a low end machine

if you cant afford an SSD, dont get one until you have some spare cash in the future

if you CAN afford an SSD, spend the money on your gpu or cpu to allow a better gaming experience, and then buy an SSD in the future when you have spare cash

SSD is a luxury item, some of us take it for granted, i generally dont recommend getting an SSD on the get go when building a budget system for the reason above

because storage can be expanded, but hardware can only be swapped (if you say that you can SLI/CF, then ill argue that SLI/CF low end products is just as stupid as the idea sounds)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

my opinion of SSD in a low end machine

if you cant afford an SSD, dont get one until you have some spare cash in the future

if you CAN afford an SSD, spend the money on your gpu or cpu to allow a better gaming experience, and then buy an SSD in the future when you have spare cash

SSD is a luxury item, some of us take it for granted, i generally dont recommend getting an SSD on the get go when building a budget system for the reason above

because storage can be expanded, but hardware can only be swapped (if you say that you can SLI/CF, then ill argue that SLI/CF low end products is just as stupid as the idea sounds)

In my opinion, load times play a part in your gaming experience, to the point where if I see a 240GB SSD for the same price as a 1TB HDD, I'd swap it in. Certainly, it makes sense to allocate most of your budget towards performance, but if you find yourself playing, say, modded Skyrim most of the time, reduced load times greatly enhance the experience.

Just now, Aereldor said:

In my opinion, load times play a part in your gaming experience, to the point where if I see a 240GB SSD for the same price as a 1TB HDD, I'd swap it in. Certainly, it makes sense to allocate most of your budget towards performance, but if you find yourself playing, say, modded Skyrim most of the time, reduced load times greatly enhance the experience.

i rather swap out the hdd for an SSD in this case, if the op doesnt need that much capacity to begin with

SSD first can prevent the need to re-install windows when the OP gets a HDD

sure, i agree load times can make a me go mad sometimes in games, but having a stuttery mess is even worse imo

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, JustinM said:

Guys just want to ask is this build okay for 1080fps medium to high settings for games like (assassins creed, tomb raider and gta v). i think gtx 970 is to powerful for my monitor. (60hz lg ips)

Chasis Corsair Carbide SPEC-3 RED    
Processor Intel Core i5-6500      
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H-DDR3  
Graphics Card Asus GTX 960 Strix 4gb    
Memory Gskill RipjawsX 8GB Dual 4x4gb 1600   
Harddrive Seagate 1tb      
SSD samsung 850 evo 250gb    
Power Supply Seasonic G-550       
Monitor LG 23MP67HQ 23 inch IPS     

Just want to play games for about 4 to 5hrs.. this is my first rig so please help me :)

Why would you get 4x4GB sticks? There's absolutely no reason to. Go for a better/cheaper motherboard and get 2x8GB sticks instead.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BFTqK8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BFTqK8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($196.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H GSM Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($62.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  ($226.44 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $818.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-21 03:08 EDT-0400