can't decide on which DDR4 ram to get. recommend me.

Go to solution Solved by Ostwind,
19 minutes ago, Rolfejc said:

Just about anything will work to be honest. I would generally go with the cheapest option as long as it's compatible with your build since in general the memory won't make a huge difference if you go with faster memory over slower memory, although this may be different for 3D rendering but I'm not too familiar with that. 

Ram speed does make a difference in gaming(idk about 3d rendering)

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Well, coulda gotten a free-sync display of the same type for $200 less

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

or $100 more for a 4k IPS free-sync display

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mu67

Well, sorry you're stuck with G-sync anyways

far as the CPU goes, why sacrifice CPU performance for a few more fps for slightly smoother gameplay? You're sacrificing 4 potential threads for a relatively small gain for gaming in AAA titles.

it would cost as extra(2011-3 mobo's are more expensive) ~200(AUD) for those 4 threads. and gaming is a higher priority then 3D work (its an occasional hobby).

14 minutes ago, Hakisak said:

Well that doesn't make much sense, AMD cards in the mid range give you more performance and, you could have saved hundreds on your display, plus current nvidia cards don't seem to support DX12 very well. Really not too many reasons to buy an nvidia card atm, just the 950 if a 960/380 is out of the question, 980ti nor a Fury X is worth the money with new GPUs coming in a few months

Well, you're a strange one then man, it makes a lot more sense to get a much better CPU than to push slightly higher frame rates in AAA games.

Also 4k is more about productivity than gaming

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?