New to building

Hey guys, I am attempting my very first build and I was wondering if you could offer some help. My gear is as follows:

AMD FX-8320 3.5GHZ 8-core processor

ASRock Fatal1ty 970 performance ATX AM3+/AM3 MOBO

G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3-1600 memory

Crucial BX200 2.5-inch SSD

Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm HD

EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI Ready and Crossfire Support Continuous Power Supply

XFX Radeon R9 380 R9-380P-4255 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Double Dissipation XXX OC Video Card

ASUS DVD-Writer 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24F1ST - OEM

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

If you notice anything that will not be compatible or have any tips or recommendations please let me know. I have everything assembled with the exception of the ram and PSU. waiting on them to come from newegg.

Go with i5 if your budget allow. 

Magical Pineapples

what is your budget?>

CPU: me | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Asus Z170-A | 32GB Dominator Plats | 512gb SSD/4TB WD Black | 980Ti | BQ Silent Base 800 | EVGA 850w |

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101
BEST PC FOR THE PRICE:

$400 $500 $600 $700 $800 $900 $1000

If you want to Silence your PC/Room more, contact me.

you will be much happier if you can switch to an intel i5.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

some time in the future I will probably upgrade to the i5, I am a bit concerned that the memory won't work for my motherboard when I get it. The problem is it is already on its way here. my budget was around 800.

Everyone pay attention to the below part " If you notice anything that will not be compatible or have any tips or recommendations please let me know. I have everything assembled with the exception of the ram and PSU. waiting on them to come from newegg. " Why would you ask for help when you already bought it? Isnt that what your supposed to do before buying it?

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

Like everyone else is saying, you will be happy in life if you go for a non-K Core i5 and H-chipset motherboard.

Save money and there'll be so much gaming performance you won't miss overclocking.

2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

2 minutes ago, i7-6700K said:

what is your budget?>

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

Just now, Rolfejc said:

What is this PC for? 

Guys, he already built it.

5 minutes ago, nimblenicky said:

If you notice anything that will not be compatible or have any tips or recommendations please let me know. I have everything assembled with the exception of the ram and PSU. waiting on them to come from newegg.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

It sounds like he has most of the computer built so most likely he cant fit that in his budget.

3 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, Rolfejc said:

What is this PC for? 

Casual gaming

Just now, nimblenicky said:

some time in the future I will probably upgrade to the i5, I am a bit concerned that the memory won't work for my motherboard when I get it. The problem is it is already on its way here. my budget was around 800.

with $800 you can get a computer with the Xeon 1231 v3 (an i7-ish processor) with a decent graphics card

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Like I said my main worry is that the memory won't work with the MOBO. Any thoughts on that issue?

1 minute ago, nimblenicky said:

Like I said my main worry is that the memory won't work with the MOBO. Any thoughts on that issue?

Yes it will work. Next time before you buy stuff you should ask so you know it is without a worry. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

4 minutes ago, nimblenicky said:

Casual gaming

I would recommend an i3 6100 then. The FX processors do decent in some games, but in others even something like an i3 can beat a 8350. Intel also has a better upgrade path, and generally has better features. 

I was originally going to do an i3 but the guy at micro center told me the amd would offer better performance.

well normally DDR3 will work as long as your motherboard supports DDR3, skylake platform though is a bit picky on RAM but thats DDR4 ;)

here's a build that i grabbed from my saved parts list,

its a pretty capable machine, perhaps you can use it as a reference

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PJtr23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PJtr23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($66.53 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($303.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $895.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-20 21:41 EDT-0400

I was originally going to do an i3 but the guy at micro center told me the amd would offer better performance.

Well he was right but an i5 is more strong if your gaming

well yes, i3 is less performing than the AMD 6 core chips

but with your budget, you can fit an i5 in it and an i5 will beat most of the amd chips in term of gaming :D

Literally the only reason I went with the cheaper amd was because it was cheaper. I also had to buy a screen, keyboard, mouse, headset, etc and I didn't want to buy junk so in reality I ended up going over budget. Although I sort of figured I would. I also figure If I can sell this computer In the future I could make a new build to upgrade from this one since everyone seems to think this is a shit build.

everyone seems to think this is a shit build

i wouldnt go as far as calling it sht, its just not the best you can get out of your budget

Literally the only reason I went with the cheaper amd was because it was cheaper. I also had to buy a screen, keyboard, mouse, headset, etc and I didn't want to buy junk so in reality I ended up going over budget. Although I sort of figured I would. I also figure If I can sell this computer In the future I could make a new build to upgrade from this one since everyone seems to think this is a shit build.

My main goal of this build was to learn, and I already have learned a lot. I'm sort of nervous for when the other parts get here and it comes time for me to go into the BIOS. If anyone could offer tips for that I would greatly appreciate it.

My main goal of this build was to learn, and I already have learned a lot. I'm sort of nervous for when the other parts get here and it comes time for me to go into the BIOS. If anyone could offer tips for that I would greatly appreciate it.

perhaps you can view linus' build guides, they show the steps of building a computer from step A to step Z, though with different hardware, but they're pretty much the same step

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Guys, he already built it.

then why is he asking if everything is compatible AFTER building it...? he worded it a little funny and I think it confused a lot of people.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

then why is he asking if everything is compatible AFTER building it...?

because I am verifying that when I go to turn it on, I wont have any other problems haha. I should have come here first but it's too late for that now =/. I know now for next time.