How can I get IP webcam to work with Synology surveillance station?

Hey, I'm using IP Webcam on my old Android phone and I'm trying to get it to work with Synology Service Station. I don't have the money to out and buy an IP webcam and it says it has to be a brand or something to work when I try to connect it to Synology Service Station. Any ides? Thanks! 

It won't work. It only supports real ip cams.

My native language is C++

28 minutes ago, Kyle Manning said:

It won't work. It only supports real ip cams.

is there any way to make it think it's a real brand or anything? Or some alternative? 

1 hour ago, Aztec said:

is there any way to make it think it's a real brand or anything? Or some alternative? 

Nope, sorry.

My native language is C++

If you were able to get the stream link, or the jpeg video stream address for the app, maybe you could put it in manually :)

3 hours ago, TommyB said:

If you were able to get the stream link, or the jpeg video stream address for the app, maybe you could put it in manually :)

Thanks! I'll see if I can do that :)

• 1 year later...

Completely wrong...stumbled across this old thread today trying to look for the original way I set it up (it's been running for that long)... it does work. Use IP WEBCAM from the Play store. It's best to set a static IP address on your phone, make sure you disable as many notifications as possible. Add to surv station and make sure on the video page you set it as MJPEG. On the main page, make sure path to video is /videofeed. Assuming you have the right IP address and port now (I think it's 80 or 8080 ootb), voila you should see video when you click TEST. Done. Note most of the phone's I've used get pretty hot, so having this in a sunny window or non-temp controlled space will likely not be reliable. I have one in my garage and it's good year round except for super hot summer days, the one in the "main" hallway is much more reliable (have used a Galaxy S3 x2, Nexus 5x and an LG G3, all with success). FYI, next time try posting/hanging around the synology forums, likely get better responses.