Recreating old legends

JLCitadel

The Concept

How would you guys feel if the most popular old games were recreated using modern engines for amazing update graphics and interfaces.

When giving your opinion on this, keep in mind this involves absolutely no change to the original content of the game, just providing befitting graphics to an already amazing experience. This would also in no way impact the original game, so you still have that even if you do not like the alternative updated version they release.

Examples/Suggestions

Soul Reaver

Medal Gear Solid (original)

Sonic

Castlevania SOTN

Resident Evil (Old Play Style)

Unreal Tournament

Tony Hawks' Pro Skater

Final Thought

These are just a few I enjoyed greatly, I'm sure there's more popular ones and favorites you like, so what do you guys think of this? Remember the original points I've made and try to keep it constructive.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

metal gear solid :')

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

metal gear solid :')

To me some games are sort of like movies, there's a lot of series where the original was always the best. I think if the respective companies picked up the old games, and did EXACTLY the same, except updated graphics animations and menus, it would be amazing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call of Duty 4

:ph34r:

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Imagine some of the old final fantasy games with new graphics and the same story line, replaying them would be amazing.

I want more true WW2 games, hell, put Crysis 3 graphics on a massive invasion and I'll be happy.

So in other words, I am all for this.

Imagine crysis 3 graphics on any old game you liked.. it sounds amazing, like metroid or zelda, all the old legendary games with new graphics.. gives me chills. as long as the companies don't try to change the story or voices.

De-ja voo This has happened before, I know it

I was here 4 years ago writing a letter to put it into this mailbox of a thread in 2002 but here I am in 06 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

One game that I loved from my childhood was redone with a new engine and graphics. Tony Hawks Pro Skater. I watched a video of it and felt soooo nostalgic.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

De-ja voo 

Deja vu hardcore for sure. I'd even be willing to pay modern game prices for them (40-60$) if it was superbly done.

One game that I loved from my childhood was redone with a new engine and graphics. Tony Hawks Pro Skater. I watched a video of it and felt soooo nostalgic.

I remember spending so much time on this game at friends houses haha

Just a small idea, if this thread blows up enough, and linus talks about it, and people see.. this could very well happen, so anyone who's interested promote the idea :)

SO HERE I AM,

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN... - Goldfinger: Superman

Lol the amount of nostalgia is too damn high 

I think many would love to see Ocarina Of Time remastered HD with new engine. 

GTA San Andreas is one I'd love to see updated as well.

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

SO HERE I AM,

Imagine some of the games maybe with oculus rift support, like original first person games, with new graphics. & Definitely hell yes OoT was my favorite by far.

SO HERE I AM,

AHHHH I looked up the song! I LOVE YOU!!! AHHH how I miss this song!!

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I wanna see more WWII games, I wanna land on the beaches of Normandy with 700 friendly npc's all doing random sequences with the cry engine. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

AHHHH I looked up the song! I LOVE YOU!!! AHHH how I miss this song!!

The memories

I wanna see more WWII games, I wanna land on the beaches of Normandy with 700 friendly npc's all doing random sequences with the cry engine. 

The new war games are just getting worse and worse in the depth in my opinion.

I asked Slick if a remake of Unreal Tournament 99 would work & he said itd be interesting.

I would buy it even if it were 100. All that epic UT 99 fun but with hd graphics and a renewed community? Epic!

Oh em gee

We forgot Quake on Crysis graphics levels....

Dear Fatal1ty,

Please make this happen,

Amen

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Dudes some games SHOULD stay where they belong. Otherwise some developers will f*ck your beloved game.

Im totally against. Dont want to see reanimated Cannon Fodder or how they f*cked up Sensible Soccer with that crappy reanimation few years back. Giana Sisters is nicely reanimated game ill give Black Forest that and ive bought it off Steam, but in most cases money will be more important than keeping to original.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Dudes some games SHOULD stay where they belong. Otherwise some developers will f*ck your beloved game.

Im totally against. Dont want to see reanimated Cannon Fodder or how they f*cked up Sensible Soccer with that crappy reanimation few years back. Giana Sisters is nicely reanimated game ill give Black Forest that and ive bought it off Steam, but in most cases money will be more important than keeping to original.

Exactly.. they could keep it original, sell it for a modern price with new animation, and make a fuck ton, while making everyone happy. The reason they remake the game is because they think they'll make more money that way, and they don't.

I have to say no.

I like remembering the games how they were, as in being the best things graphical wise for its time, obviously it isn't now, but that's how I'd like to remember it.

Not everything has to be about graphics, but I'd love a Mario Kart 64 remake, however it can be ran from Windows and be played online!

yes, as long as they dont touch anything other than graphics, gmaes can get ruined so easily if the company starts affecting the story line.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |