How can I make money?

Aztec

Hey I'd like to get a Cannon 70D asap since I want to build up a portfolio so I can set up my own business/freelance work. The camera I have (fujifilm sl1000) quality is pretty much awful when it comes to shooting video. Giving I'm a student (17 years old) I'm currently at college. I have some free time but is there any way to make some money? I have a good spec computer with Photoshop (most of the Adobe programs cba to list them all haha) and I can kinda make websites (example here: www.candy-records.com). I was thinking about getting a shop job but I don't have a solid time schedule plus I have an important exam coming up soon. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Aztec said:

Hey I'd like to get a Cannon 70D asap since I want to build up a portfolio so I can set up my own business/freelance work. The camera I have (fujifilm sl1000) quality is pretty much awful when it comes to shooting video. Giving I'm a student (17 years old) I'm currently at college. I have some free time but is there any way to make some money? I have a good spec computer with Photoshop (most of the Adobe programs cba to list them all haha) and I can kinda make websites (example here: www.candy-records.com). I was thinking about getting a shop job but I don't have a solid time schedule plus I have an important exam coming up soon. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

All I can say is, good luck.

I guess you could try making really cool wallpapers or something and Photoshop stuff into them, like this:

swedish_skies_by_phil2001-d1amhl2.jpg

(Source: Swedish Skies by Phil2001 http://phil2001.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-Skies-78311558

Then you could try selling your work to Shutterstock or something. That's all I really got.

Either that or open a lemonade stand on campus. lol.

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

14 minutes ago, Blucyrik said:

All I can say is, good luck.

I guess you could try making really cool wallpapers or something and Photoshop stuff into them, like this:

swedish_skies_by_phil2001-d1amhl2.jpg

(Source: Swedish Skies by Phil2001 http://phil2001.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-Skies-78311558

Then you could try selling your work to Shutterstock or something. That's all I really got.

Either that or open a lemonade stand on campus. lol.

Hahaha it's a hard life ;) Thanks haha. 

I recommend either learning to make the most out of what you already have, or join a photo club and use their equipment.

3 hours ago, TopDollar said:

I recommend either learning to make the most out of what you already have, or join a photo club and use their equipment.

Good idea thanks I'd make the most of what I have but it wouldn't look good.

get a job

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I know this might sound obvious... but, get a job? If you're going to college, you should be able to get a part time job (nights/evenings and/or weekends) at a retail store or fast food restaurant/cafe, etc.

In your spare time, you can try and sell creations of yours online, or create websites, or code apps and try to get them on the various mobile App Stores.

But really.... just get a job.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't know what part of the world you're in so I can't give you any specific advise, but usually kids get casual or part time jobs in retail to get some extra cash.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

11 hours ago, Aztec said:

5 Words: Computer help assistant at Staples.

Money is though for a student. But there are ways to have access to better equipment. Most schools have video  enthusiast clubs, there are also usually programs for people interested in producing short films and such, look around for that. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Sell crack to underprivileged children! /s

If you are completely opposed to getting a real job you can always look to see if anyone in your area needs help doing odd jobs. i.e. helping people move shit, mowing lawns etc. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!