Sony to reject any PlaystationVR games that drop below 60fps.

CGurrell
15 minutes ago, LePawel said:

It doesn't, processing can also mean something is done more efficiently. This the problem I have with most people talking about VR. They have absolutely no clue what they're talking about and/or they've never head all HMDs in question on their head. Games like The Brookhaven Experiment look good in the HMD, but aren't hard to run at all.

If you can't understand that more advanced graphics require more processing power, then I think the one with no clue is you.

The Brookhaven Experiement has not been benchmarked yet, but its minimum requirements indicate it's too demanding for the PS4, barring a downgrade.

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

If you can't understand that more advanced graphics require more processing power, then I think the one with no clue is you.

The Brookhaven Experiement has not been benchmarked yet, but its minimum requirements indicate it's too demanding for the PS4, barring a downgrade.

Now, here's some factual information, just so you know basing your knowledge on stuff like requirements on a page is worthless: The Brookhaven Experiement demo keeps a 970 at about 60% of its target power, with GPU auto-underclocked to around 900Mhz, and about 50-70% of GPU usage. I know more advanced graphics require more power, what you don't understand is how VR actually looks in an HMD, how that translates to applications produced, and that just because Palmer said it needs a 970 doesn't mean all games will flat out target that, because they don't.

You and @Sauron can both get your heads out of PCMR's asses and face reality (pun intended). And question to both of you: Did you have PSVR or any other headset, in its recent revision, on your head, running multiple demos to give your claim at least a hint of credibility?

1 hour ago, LePawel said:

Now, here's some factual information, just so you know basing your knowledge on stuff like requirements on a page is worthless: The Brookhaven Experiement demo keeps a 970 at about 60% of its target power, with GPU auto-underclocked to around 900Mhz, and about 50-70% of GPU usage. I know more advanced graphics require more power, what you don't understand is how VR actually looks in an HMD, how that translates to applications produced, and that just because Palmer said it needs a 970 doesn't mean all games will flat out target that, because they don't.

You and @Sauron can both get your heads out of PCMR's asses and face reality (pun intended). And question to both of you: Did you have PSVR or any other headset, in its recent revision, on your head, running multiple demos to give your claim at least a hint of credibility?

So you run out of actual arguments and start talking about asses. Please get your useless console fanboying out of here.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:49 PM, Sakkura said:

So you run out of actual arguments and start talking about asses. Please get your useless console fanboying out of here.

I've given you numbers, proof you're wrong, and you've started looking for anything but the topic to hang onto, and I'm the one running out of arguments? And you didn't answer my question, which probably means you never tried any of these.

P.S. I don't own any console.

On 3/18/2016 at 5:14 PM, JoeyDM said:

good

Good..... *realises no game on earth runs at a constant 60fps on the ps4*