Host LAN games as online servers

noisebomb44

So a friend of mine is having problems portforwarding because his modem/router is wierd and he cant connect to it anymore, but i can connect to mine and can port forward without any problems.

My question is if i can host the LAN game on my PC online, and then let him connect to it as if it was a public server (the game i want to play only has a LAN multilpayer game mode since the online part is dead)

Also, i cant see my temporary LAN port when i create a game like in mincraft.

Ive already tried Grappl, but when i started the EXE nothing happened, and ive heard the ping in EU is pretty bad since its a VPN service like hamachi

If you have any other idea how we can play a LAN game without him portforwarding, please tell me

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

i have personally only used Hamachi and tunngle and i found that the game was usually the deciding factor

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

Just now, Spectrez said:

i have personally only used Hamachi and tunngle and i found that the game was usually the deciding factor

But in order to use both of these programs, both computers have to port forward

Just now, noisebomb44 said:

But in order to use both of these programs, both computers have to port forward

i dont recall having to do that at all? i might be remembering wrong, it has been a while.

maybe it would be faster for him to sort out the router problem :)

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

Just now, Spectrez said:

i dont recall having to do that at all? i might be remembering wrong, it has been a while.

maybe it would be faster for him to sort out the router problem :)

Yeah, hamachi is pretty unpredictable on who have to port forward and who doesnt, i remember being able to use it without opening a port before, but then one day i got an error and had to port forward, same with my friend.

The company who supplied him with the modem for free (included with the contract) are telling him to reffer to the manufacturers of the router, who doesnt seem to care if its broken, and he is thinking of replacing it although it would be much cheaper and easier if he could join LAN games as if they were hosted like normal servers