Hot swapable keyboard switch idea?

spwath
27 minutes ago, Charger said:

Normal people buy keyboards not make them.

Like a normal keyboard maker. But its split. So not as normal. But I guess ill go conventional wiring.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

50 minutes ago, Charger said:

Normal people buy keyboards not make them.

it's actually a fun project if you're into that kind of thing. got a zm-k500 myself for that purpose wired it up etc. working on sorting out TMK though, as i bought teenstLC instead of normal one, so premade firmware doesn't quite exist and I'm as good at programing as a penguin is at flying.

anyways, as i said it's a fun and informative little project, never been into arduino etc. but these tiny controller boards are amazing for projects, once you know how to do programing that is.

20 minutes ago, Un4tural said:

it's actually a fun project if you're into that kind of thing. got a zm-k500 myself for that purpose wired it up etc. working on sorting out TMK though, as i bought teenstLC instead of normal one, so premade firmware doesn't quite exist and I'm as good at programing as a penguin is at flying.

anyways, as i said it's a fun and informative little project, never been into arduino etc. but these tiny controller boards are amazing for projects, once you know how to do programing that is.

He was joking, he has built multiple keyboards. Gave me the idea to build mine.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

18 minutes ago, Un4tural said:

My current keyboard, numpad and old keyboard were all hand wired by myself. Old keyboard and numpad are running teensy 2.0s and my current keyboard is running off a pro micro. I use tmk firmware but non of them are arm boards like the teensylc but I think with some work the infinite firmware may run on it.

I'm late to the party!!! (as usual?)

The main issue that I see with it is that as you swap switches more and more, you're making a wider and wider cavity in the wire that's used to hold the switch. I think it might work a little better with a coiled spring that always tries to return to a closed position (like this: reversing-springs-250x250.jpg)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)