nVidia X80, X80ti and X80 Titan rumoured Specs

Paragon_X

I really don't understand why people believed this specs are real, Nvidia already launched the BIGGEST Pascal chip that will see this day, granted it might be still not fully unlocked as chips are still not perfect with this kind of chip sizes on a new 16nm process but still, GP100 right now as far as we know is a  3584 shader core part its almost half of what a "X80 Titan" bullshit litst. nvidia wouldn't put out a Tesla that supposed to be used in the best servers this early if it was that much locked due to bad parts.

Also the HBM2 memory clocked at 1.4Gbps so we get 720GB/s of memory bandwidth. higher than listed on the "leaked" specs.

So people. PLEASE STOP BELIVING EVERYTHING THERE IS ON THE INTERNET.  

3 hours ago, David_K said:

I really don't understand why people believed this specs are real, Nvidia already launched the BIGGEST Pascal chip that will see this day, granted it might be still not fully unlocked as chips are still not perfect with this kind of chip sizes on a new 16nm process but still, GP100 right now as far as we know is a  3584 shader core part its almost half of what a "X80 Titan" bullshit litst. nvidia wouldn't put out a Tesla that supposed to be used in the best servers this early if it was that much locked due to bad parts.

Also the HBM2 memory clocked at 1.4Gbps so we get 720GB/s of memory bandwidth. higher than listed on the "leaked" specs.

So people. PLEASE STOP BELIVING EVERYTHING THERE IS ON THE INTERNET.  

Because this is from before they launched that big Pascal chip. Please take a second and think before you yell at people for being stupid/gullible.

16 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Because this is from before they launched that big Pascal chip. Please take a second and think before you yell at people for being stupid/gullible.

While I agree with your general sentiment, the specs were still pretty far fetched. The fact that Big Pascal supposedly had two different memory controllers (cut down had GDDR5x vs full bore HBM2), that made the rumoured specs incredibly hard to believe.

Think about it - HBM means on die (Well, I suppose "on package" might be more technically true). That would significantly increase cost and complexity of manufacturing, to have to develop the same GPU chip with two different memory controllers in mind (Meaning that either the chip comes with both controllers, and one is simply disabled - hugely wasteful - or they're literally manufacturing two similar, yet different chips - also wasteful)?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

tbh, I'm kinda disappointed there are only 6144 shader cores... I was looking forward to it being over 9000 for obvious reasons :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Any news on mobile GPUs? Been wanting to get a new laptop

14 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Nothing to do with it. They still talk about the leaked specs after a real chip was announced. 

And on another note, some people do believe everything on the internet. and they should stop

5 minutes ago, David_K said:

Nothing to do with it. They still talk about the leaked specs after a real chip was announced. 

And on another note, some people do believe everything on the internet. and they should stop

Nonsense. You even used the past tense yourself.