Criterion Games core team down to 16 people... Oh EA...

Criterion Games, the creators of the Burnout franchise and developers of last year's Need for Speed Most Wanted, now only hosts just 16 employees — the rest have been reformed into a studio called Ghost Games U.K., Criterion's Alexander Ward explained in a string of tweets today.

criterion-games-logo.jpg

Basically EA has moved 80% of the staff into a new studio to work on other titles so that the remaining 16 members can work on new, unannounced titles. The new studio, Ghost Games UK will from now on be in charge of the Need for Speed franchise effectively leaving Criterion Games with no franchise to work on apart from Burnout however with only 16 people I can't see this turning out to be too good.

According to the producer of Need for Speed Rivals, Marcus Nilsson...

Criterion is doing something else, but that doesn't mean they can't help us on this.

If EA manages to kill of Criterion Games this way and we will not see any more from the Burnout series I will be very upset :( What do you guys think about this ?

Damn it EA I thought you were meant to be becoming better why this now DO NOT KILL Burnout or some of the best Need for Speed games!

16 people means that it would take a while to create a new game imo or the game (campaign mode) would be very short.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well there goes my dream of another burnout. Burn out would a way more sales then need for speed even if thy just reskined rivals.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I wouldn't say this is a bad thing, because now they don't have to do NFS anymore.
So now they can do a Burnout or a new IP.
And it's not like they would stay with 16 People forever when they start a full Development of a Game they will have minimum 100 People more likely around 150-200.

RTX2070OC 

WHY! I loved Criterion games ._________________________.

Why do we always have to get EA'd...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I bet its some random mobile game they're working on, no way could 16 people make a decent AAA game within a reasonable time span.  

great

let it just die

every game they made sucked

only good nfs game was undergorund 1& 2

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.