Darwin PC GPU Updated

Zanderlinde

Hey guys. Well it took a while. But i got a few bucks together and got a used Asus GTX 780 to tide me over till the "1080" comes out.  I've overclocked it and its running a nice 1054 Mhz.

The used card had a broken fan though. It kept alternating between spinning and not spinning (only one of 2) And was making an annoying noise. Probobly damaged by the previous owner.

So i took them off (replaced thermal paste while i had the card apart), and installed 2 120mm fans with elastic bands to the heatsink, which looks rediculous, but actually keeps it under 55 degrees in games.

Pic of the keychain is whats remaining of my 980ti after I snapped it.  

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

I cri evrytiem, RIP 980 Ti.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

so you handing out parts of a 980 ti for keychains? Because I'd want in on that ;)

At least you got it together though, might have to do that fan thing to a friends 270X as it has one fan thats failing and gets really loud. And thats an interesting case. Im curious though, how heavy is that?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

wow dude... this is awesome, if i were to get some cheap card for some reson i might actiually do this but with 2 of my favorite fans i have lying around, the one i call the turbine and the one i call the GIANT, the GIANT is a 210mm fan that spins like crazy and the turbine is a 120mm that just produces amazing static pressure(its also almost 4cm thick xD) lol 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Bananasplit - You could use just about anything, I've used a desk fan before, just get some air moving haha.

Suchamoneypit - Its heavy as shit, why do you think I added handles on top;) Its pretty much indestructable though.