Best GTX 970 to pair with Intel 6600k and Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Quelux
51 minutes ago, Quelux said:

Which one has the better guide or are easier for overclocking for a first time overclocker? 

well there is no best in terms of those too since its still kinda lottery but both of them are nvidia so you can easily OC them trough MSI afterburner i think. Dunno about AMD side thou, they got some OC tools in drivers (which in design are awesome becasue you can different OC profile for each game so you dont burn GPU much or dont use so much uneccessery power) but drivers are questionable (IF IT NOT THIS DAMN DRIVERS I WOULDNT THINK IN A SEC TO GO FOR R9 390 ! but you know world is cruel place).

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

1 hour ago, Quelux said:

Which one has the better guide or are easier for overclocking for a first time overclocker? 

They're all about the same, man.  They all use the same tools to overclock.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Vellinious said:

They're all about the same, man.  They all use the same tools to overclock.

Alright, thank you so much for your help!

9 hours ago, Quelux said:

Guides are online they're all the same, both are just as easy to OC for first timers. I like EVGA just cause how nice they are they don't look cheap and it's a great superior build quality but both cards are great overclockers and you can go with either one. If you get a better deal on one over the other get the one that's a better deal. Also MSI Afterburner is possibly the easiest OC software, it's much easier to understand for beginners and even professionals use it the most over others.

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]