I've recently found myself a little disappointed with my R5, it's just super cramped inside and I miss the clean look I had with my s340.  I've been thinking of transferring my main PC components to the Enthoo Primo and switching my NAS from the HAF 932 to the R5.  I would have already bought the Primo if it wasn't so expensive, something just doesn't sit right paying that much for a case.  Any thoughts, experiences, or opinions would be awesome.

Thanks,

TidaLWaveZ

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

personally i dont like how it looks

also the window sucks, you can barely see half a motherboard lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i never had the primo but from personal experience i would say get the enthoo pro its about 100

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

Just now, BudgetForNow said:

i never had the primo but from personal experience i would say get the enthoo pro its about 100

Unfortunately the primo is the only one in the line to offer the radiator space I would need.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

how much do you need

the pro has more then is listed

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

personally i dont like how it looks

also the window sucks, you can barely see half a motherboard lol

I'm not particularly fond of the exterior, the interior is the reason I have even thought of considering it.  It's got the clean internal look with tons of radiator options.

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'm not particularly fond of the exterior, the interior is the reason I have even thought of considering it.  It's got the clean internal look with tons of radiator options.

there are many other cases that look better on the outside and still have a spacious interior with lots of radiator options

look at stuff like the H440 or 750D or 760T or caselabs/other corsair cases

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, BudgetForNow said:

how much do you need

the pro has more then is listed

I have a 360, 420, and 240. The problem is that if I were to get a Pro, I would be in the same situation as I am now with my R5(totally cramped and messy).

19 minutes ago, Enderman said:

there are many other cases that look better on the outside and still have a spacious interior with lots of radiator options

look at stuff like the H440 or 750D or 760T or caselabs/other corsair cases

I almost bought the h440 instead of the R5.  I just feel like the primo is much bigger than cases like the r5, h440, corsair everything (except the 900d).  On one end of the spectrum thermaltake has the core x71, but that thing looks like it would fall apart.  On the other end caselabs cases are just way out of my price range.

I guess what I'm saying is that I really just want a big ass white s340.

the primo is 1.5 the size of the r5/h440. primo is the same/similar size to the corsair 750d.

primo short comings are the click locks that hold the front panel and lower filters (horrid design). the power switches (primo, pro and pro m all are poop. the pro and pro m are jacked up (on all the time, making for a boot loop) and the primo has no more momentary click. the front panel is severely over designed and heavy. the upper fan loft is great, but the radiator mounting is mounted in the middle (no offsets), so to accommodate thick 280/420 radiators is a tough bit without modifications.

using the floor for 140 rads has to be 140-141mm no wider. the older version with riveted odd cage might have had better upgrades (prolly not).

i still have mine and the rads, but not using it, just too frickin' massive and under utilized for the space provided. if i need a large case, make it a CaseLabs SM8A .

10 hours ago, airdeano said:

the primo is 1.5 the size of the r5/h440. primo is the same/similar size to the corsair 750d.

primo short comings are the click locks that hold the front panel and lower filters (horrid design). the power switches (primo, pro and pro m all are poop. the pro and pro m are jacked up (on all the time, making for a boot loop) and the primo has no more momentary click. the front panel is severely over designed and heavy. the upper fan loft is great, but the radiator mounting is mounted in the middle (no offsets), so to accommodate thick 280/420 radiators is a tough bit without modifications.

using the floor for 140 rads has to be 140-141mm no wider. the older version with riveted odd cage might have had better upgrades (prolly not).

i still have mine and the rads, but not using it, just too frickin' massive and under utilized for the space provided. if i need a large case, make it a CaseLabs SM8A .

In other words it's a piece of junk!

it is not the best, but for the price can be a good chassis. out of the box.. meh.

On 3/16/2016 at 10:53 PM, airdeano said:

Exactly what i think of the Primo as well ( I dont have the problem with the power switch that you have though, I believe you and I got our Primo's around the same time frame) mine still has the click feeling too it. Other then that, my first Primo came with the front panel all busted up, the side widow is to dark I have 3 12" darkside LED lights in it and you still cant make out everything that is in the case ( must,but not all ). I decided last month that I was really tired of the Primo and ordered a Caselabs white STH10 + Pedestal ( it should be here some time this week or the beginning of next week)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "