fx 8350 now ore ZEN later

Go to solution Solved by lordyo97,

Hope I am not too late here, wouldn't suggest getting an fx8350 without upgrading your mobo, also zen is comming in october or november this year, but only in APU's, just CPU's will come out in may or june 2017, and it will be zen+, not zen.(am4+ in contrast of am4 socket)

Zen+ will get new FX products for desktops, they already started rolling new FX for laptops(actually APU's) and will rollout new ones with zen, but for desktop FX series will have to wait for Zen+ which comes around 8 months later from zen.

Also hyperthreading in new generation, not sure if it will be awailable from zen or zen+, it will be 3 threads per 1 core, probabaly most popular are gonna be 4 core ones, but imagine 8 core with 3 threads for each core? probabaly gonna be new fx9590 with 220W.

I had the same dilema, but got myself A10-7870K(got APU because didnt wanna get dGPU atm) and A68 chipset mobo from Asus which supports up to 2400mhz OC'd ram speed, doe i only OC'd my ram to 2133 because it's top limit my CPU can use without OC

Best bet is to get some cheap a68 socket mobo and a 880k(860k if u cant get 880k one) and wait untill Zen+ comes.

i am probabaly gonna wait late 2017 for AMD to make some CPU overclocks well and ASUS to make good ROG mobo for OC.

also zen will probabaly support up to 2400 or 2800 mhz ddr4 speed and u can get ddr3 of same speed, but zen+ will probabaly support 3000 or 3200 at release with tendencies to go higher

Guy i am an AMD fanboy and heard about the new ZEN Architecture coming in the end of 2016 so i was thinking to upgrade my CPU only. so should i buys a 8350 now or wait for zen ?
and will there be any good improvement in ZEN than other FX Bulldozer CPU . Plz i don't want answers about anything related to Intel. thank in advance and would be looking for the right answer. :) 

I'd vote wait for Zen. You're going to need to upgrade your motherboard as well with Zen though.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

(This is a AMD Fanboys op) Wait for ZEN its supposed to have hyper threading which means it going to have better preformance  and they are also working harder on single core preformance

Motherboard and other things are not issue just wanted to focus on good AMD processor. well thx bro for suggestion.

1 minute ago, Mandhatasinh said:

Guy i am an AMD fanboy and heard about the new ZEN Architecture coming in the end of 2016 so i was thinking to upgrade my CPU only. so should i buys a 8350 now or wait for zen ?
and will there be any good improvement in ZEN than other FX Bulldozer CPU . Plz i don't want answers about anything related to Intel. thank in advance and would be looking for the right answer. :) 

"ore" - referring to the mythical ore that AMD mines their processors out of

"guy" - obviously Guy Fierri, the god of AMD

"buys" - AMD's hopes and dreams

"thank" - This is command form, thank, now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joking aside, there is no risk to waiting, and the 8350 is not an amazing processor. 

I cannot recommend you intel, but I can discourage you from buying the 8350, at least wait and see what Zen has to offer, nothing to lose, right?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, ChevbeeHD said:

(This is a AMD Fanboys op) Wait for ZEN its supposed to have hyper threading which means it going to have better preformance  and they are also working harder on single core preformance

They have hyperthreading (6300), and even if they make a hyperthreaded 8350 (16 threads 0_o), it won't make it better for gaming. 

single core performance should be their priority. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

They have hyperthreading (6300), and even if they make a hyperthreaded 8350 (16 threads 0_o), it won't make it better for gaming. 

The current line to my knowledge and ownership of the FX6300 doesn't have hyperthreading

Just now, ONOTech said:

None of the FX CPUs have HT. They have cluster threading, which is the whole module thing.

It is still multi-threading cores. 

the 6300 has 3 virtual cores, 3 physical. 

the tech is different, but the result is the same. 

Solitaire. 

Just now, ChevbeeHD said:

The current line to my knowledge and ownership of the FX6300 doesn't have hyperthreading

there are 3 physical cores, 3 virtual. 

not technically hyperthreading, but it serves the same purpose. 

Solitaire. 

get the 9590 now! before it becomes obsolete because the zen processors are coming out!

an amd fan boy must collect all amd cpus! gogogogogo! :D 

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

there are 3 physical cores, 3 virtual. 

not technically hyperthreading, but it serves the same purpose. 

Meh....:):)

Just now, ChevbeeHD said:

Meh....:):)

Meh. 

Solitaire. 

10 minutes ago, Mandhatasinh said:

wait.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

get the 9590 now! before it becomes obsolete because the zen processors are coming out!

an amd fan boy must collect all amd cpus! gogogogogo! :D 

But you'll need a water cooler with the power of a thousand suns!

or... uh... the really cold opposite of a sun... i guess...

it gets hot, ok?

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

But you'll need a water cooler with the power of a thousand suns!

or... uh... the really cold opposite of a sun... i guess...

it gets hot, ok?

i believe the fx9590 is made out of the cores of the sun, is it not?

how can you cool the suns with more suns? its counter-intuitive!

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1774352/amd-fx6300-true-core.html

no hyperthreading :)

3 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Not exactly. The i7 has four real cores and 4 virtual, yet it is still a quad core.

The 6300 has cluster threading - so 3 modules and two cores per module (or something like that), but is marketed as a 6-core (and it is, though, in an arbitrary sense). Not entirely the same, but not completely different either.

No, the 8350 uses that.

there are 4 cache modules with 2 cores per module, the 6300 has 3 real and 3 virtual. 

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Source? As far as I know, the 6300 is still 3 modules/FPUs, split into two integer cores. I doubt they would change the design for one CPU in the line-up. That wouldn't make sense.

upon inspection, it appears I was misinformed, sorry. 

But this is odd, I was not the only one who believed this, there are multiple posts both here and on Tom's about this...

wonder where the fallacy began?

Solitaire. 

Well just now my rigs are

Amd fx 4300

Amd r9 270x 4gb gddr5

12 gig ram

Asus m5a88m mobo

I know its not that cool but I am collecting  money so I can  Offord later to buy new cpu mobo and ram etc.

so will Zen be able to compete with Skylake? or it will fail? ....o.O

9 hours ago, Mandhatasinh said:

Well just now my rigs are

Amd fx 4300

Amd r9 270x 4gb gddr5

12 gig ram

Asus m5a88m mobo

I know its not that cool but I am collecting  money so I can  Offord later to buy new cpu mobo and ram etc.

I would recommend to wait for zen.

Because your current motherboard, the M5a88-m will not handle a FX8 core chip that well.

The vrm cirquitry of that particular board is not decent enough for that in my opinnion.

4 hours ago, Mandhatasinh said:

so will Zen be able to compete with Skylake? or it will fail? ....o.O

Sure, we can answer that, we all work at AMD and haven't signed the NDA.

In all seriousness though, nobody here can answer that until we actually see a Zen CPU. Anyone who tries is just speculating.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

where did everyone gone???

guys just need the last answer that "When is the approximate release date of ZEN?"

plz reply asap... thx