Should i change to windows 10 ???

TITANLOAF

I have been wondering for a while now if I should upgrade to windows 10 I'm on windows 7 at the moment and want to know if it is worth it.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Worth it. 

Explain why it's worth it because I see no reason why it is.

It's Windows 7 with Windows 8.1 baked in and a consistent mixture of Windows 7 functionality with Windows 8 aesthetics.

Got Windows 7? Keep it unless you want something prettier.

Got Windows 8(.1)? Want Windows 7 back? Get 10.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Yes, its just a better OS all around

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Is it worth it? Definately maybe.

A LOT of people have had issues when updating. Myself included. But i've found Win10 to be a lot more streamlined os than Win7. And a whole lot faster.

Do not feed.

depends on your system , if its older like mine ,,,Nope stick to 7 , if you are concerned about privacy and all the back end  stuff microsof* has done to make windows 10 bandwidth heavy  and  pretty much  microsof* malware, there's tutorials to fix that. For me personally  old hardware  = compatibility  issues, (but see I'm on a Core 2 Duo setup)

3 minutes ago, Neuromanic said:

Explain why it's worth it because I see no reason why it is.

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Yes, its just a better OS all around

I agree. Faster, looks nicer and more things to do. 

2 minutes ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

A LOT of people have had issues when updating. Myself included. But i've found Win10 to be a lot more streamlined os than Win7. And a whole lot faster.

I didn't have issues upgrading. I guess it depends from person to person. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

Best way to combat this is to do a fresh install and not an upgrade

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Please do not bump threads unless 24 hours has passed with no responses.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Please do not bump threads unless 24 hours has passed with no responses.

Sorry. I'm new to these forums. Haven't read all of the rules yet.

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

True dat.

I upgraded, and first it ran perfectly, but then I found out I had some issues with my audio so I updated my drivers, which then proceeded to crash the whole system and caused it to lock up completely. So I did a clean install and everything since has been smooth.

Do not feed.

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Oh yeah, definitely. I can't tell you how many people have come to me and gone, "Windows 10 is shit, it's really slow" just because they upgraded and thought it was the way to do it.

Upgrade to activate your free copy, backup files you want to keep, wipe the drive, create a USB elsewhere, fresh install.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

1 minute ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

True dat.

I upgraded, and first it ran perfectly, but then I found out I had some issues with my audio so I updated my drivers, which then proceeded to crash the whole system and caused it to lock up completely. So I did a clean install and everything since has been smooth.

So a clean install should be fine then.

2 minutes ago, TITANLOAF said:

thanks I'm now considering getting it.  

Just remember to do your backups before upgrading.

Do not feed.

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Oh yeah, definitely. I can't tell you how many people have come to me and gone, "Windows 10 is shit, it's really slow" just because they upgraded and thought it was the way to do it.

Upgrade to activate your free copy, backup files you want to keep, wipe the drive, create a USB elsewhere, fresh install.

yup this hands down, and it gives you an excuse to do some spring cleaning and getting your files and installs in order

If you use your PC for Working dont upgrade. if you dont .. Windows 10 is Worth a try

If you just game, and don't care about the latest greatest tech, and you just want everything to work like it is nice at with 0 risk, and your computer is not brand new, then stick with Windows 7. Switch to Windows 10 when you buy an entirely new computer from scratch to ensure full Windows 10 support.

If you actually do productivity work, you want the best high-DPI (compared to previous version of Windows) support for your nice 4K monitor, you want to play with latest technologies including DirectX12 (assuming compatible graphics card) and full UEFI support, you want access to the Windows App Stores for mobile style apps (adapted to desktop with notifications and all that) access, you want the lightest and fastest modern Windows. Get Windows 10.

For most people Windows 10 runs properly. Some few faces problems, but generally a clean install after the upgrade revolves all issues they faced, and very few has genuine compatibility problems.

Be advice that the free upgrade offer end July 29, 2016. After that, you'll need to pay your Windows 10 if you want it.

So, if you choose to not upgrade, don't complain after. Also don't do it the last day. Busy servers can lead you to miss the boat.