Does bad HDD make lag

Chiken1232

okey guys as you sayd check with afterburner and i did and some times afterburner sayd my cpu was 100% but i didnt notice any lag when not streaming >_< maybe i should lower the graphics when streaming?

ok i found that i still lag on batman when not streaming

By "lag" you mean screen lag (FPS drop) or network lag (high ping)?

8 hours ago, Chiken1232 said:

ok i found that i still lag on batman when not streaming

Try a different game that has Denuvo in it, my theory my turn out to be true..

8 hours ago, chiwas said:

Batman AK is a singleplayer game.

Stampede

CPU: R9 5900X

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

MOBO: X570 Aorus Pro (rev 1.2)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB

GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

On 2016-03-21 at 2:05 PM, chiwas said:

fps drops im not sure but i think its the hdd because when the antivirus took an update in the background i lagged like hell on cs go i think i will try reinstall windows tomorrow im downloading tomb raider at the moment im writing this i will try out tomb raider tomorrow or in 1 hour i think

On 2016-03-21 at 10:31 PM, Vash Baldeus said:

Try a different game that has Denuvo in it, my theory my turn out to be true..

Batman AK is a singleplayer game.

will try tomb raider later

On 14.03.2016 г. at 11:22 PM, Chiken1232 said:

~snip~

Hey there Chiken1232,

My two cents on this: 
- Games aren't really affected by the HDD performance in terms of FPS and graphics as they rely on the storage's performance only for the loading times. Only MMO and open world games can be affected a bit as they need to load huge texture packs while in-game but pretty much all current HDDs can handle that. 

- I would suggest that you check your system load levels and HDD usage and see if anything hits 100%. That should show you if you are encountering any bottlenecks. 

- Another thing that you can do is make sure you have all the latest and correct drivers for your components as well as all the latest OS updates.

- Also, an application such as an antivirus program can be using your HDD and thus causing it to lack enough performance so I'd check that too. 

What's the drive's model? Do you have any other storage drives in your system? I would recommend backing up your data and performing some diagnostic tests to see if the drive is working properly. I would recommend using WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool and see if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

6 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

Hey there Chiken1232,

My two cents on this: 
- Games aren't really affected by the HDD performance in terms of FPS and graphics as they rely on the storage's performance only for the loading times. Only MMO and open world games can be affected a bit as they need to load huge texture packs while in-game but pretty much all current HDDs can handle that. 

- I would suggest that you check your system load levels and HDD usage and see if anything hits 100%. That should show you if you are encountering any bottlenecks. 

- Another thing that you can do is make sure you have all the latest and correct drivers for your components as well as all the latest OS updates.

- Also, an application such as an antivirus program can be using your HDD and thus causing it to lack enough performance so I'd check that too. 

What's the drive's model? Do you have any other storage drives in your system? I would recommend backing up your data and performing some diagnostic tests to see if the drive is working properly. I would recommend using WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool and see if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests.

Captain_WD.

according to speccy i got an WDC WD5000AAKS-007AA0 i will try that program soon :)

ps i forgot to write it but the psu died like 1 week after i got the pc so can that have hurt anything inside the pc?

reinstalled windows seems that i still have fps drops :c

12 hours ago, Chiken1232 said:

~snip~

I'd try running the extended test on that WD Blue drive and see if it checks out.

Failed PSU can cause problems on other parts and potentially damage them. 

Do you have any other programs running along with the game that might be bottlenecking the performance of the HDD or any of the other parts?

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

I'd try running the extended test on that WD Blue drive and see if it checks out.

Do you have any other programs running along with the game that might be bottlenecking the performance of the HDD or any of the other parts?

Captain_WD.

i only have my bitdefender antivirus maybe teamspeak skype and raptr + my radeon driver thing and i used fraps to see the fps drops i even did a benchmark with fraps and the minimum i got on cs go was 0 fps

FRAPSLOG.TXT

Captain_WD.

also i think that i read on the program that it can cause problems with the hdd or something :/ i think i read that the program can cause problems to my harddrive my english isnt the best but yeah >-<

17 hours ago, Chiken1232 said:

~snip~

Did you fully check your drive for errors? Could you post the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status? 
Running a full stress test can also show you if any of the parts (RAM, CPU, GPU, etc.) are not working properly. Also, I'd check the load on the HDD while gaming/streaming/recording and see if it hits 100% usage.

Captain_WD.

On 3/22/2016 at 2:30 AM, Chiken1232 said:

will try tomb raider later

Tomb Raider also has it(if I am not mistaken).

Stampede

CPU: R9 5900X

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

MOBO: X570 Aorus Pro (rev 1.2)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB

GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

12 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Tomb Raider also has it(if I am not mistaken).

i didnt really notice fps lag spikes in tomb raider only that the fps dropped when loading new areas but else it seems playable

On 2016-03-24 at 9:11 AM, Captain_WD said:

Did you fully check your drive for errors? Could you post the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status? 
Running a full stress test can also show you if any of the parts (RAM, CPU, GPU, etc.) are not working properly. Also, I'd check the load on the HDD while gaming/streaming/recording and see if it hits 100% usage.

Captain_WD.

i cant see the hdd usage while gaming dont got 2 screens

Skärmklipp.PNG

23 hours ago, Chiken1232 said:

~snip~

When you encounter stuttering or lags you can Alt+Tab and press Ctrl+shift+Esc to see your Task Manager and see if anything is hitting 100% at that point.

Also, you should use a third-party tool to view the raw values of the whole S.M.A.R.T. as the one you've posted is just one entry and with normalized values. 

Captain_WD. 

21 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

When you encounter stuttering or lags you can Alt+Tab and press Ctrl+shift+Esc to see your Task Manager and see if anything is hitting 100% at that point.

Also, you should use a third-party tool to view the raw values of the whole S.M.A.R.T. as the one you've posted is just one entry and with normalized values. 

Captain_WD. 

but lags are just comming randomly and its only for like a half secound then back to normal so no time to tab out

1 hour ago, Chiken1232 said:

~snip~

Once it happens you can check if there was a spike in the HDD activity or any other in the Resource Monitor in the Task Manager. This should help pin-pointing where the problem might be coming from. 

Captain_WD.

On 2016-03-29 at 10:31 AM, Captain_WD said:

Once it happens you can check if there was a spike in the HDD activity or any other in the Resource Monitor in the Task Manager. This should help pin-pointing where the problem might be coming from. 

Captain_WD.

just buyd a ssd will try it out and if it works now then some hdd issue

On 1.04.2016 г. at 8:01 PM, Chiken1232 said:

~snip~

That's another way of checking :) SSDs shouldn't have problems at all running, recording and streaming your gameplay all at the same time even on the highest graphics settings. How did it go? Was it a storage-related problem or do the issues persist?

Captain_WD.