Radeon HD 5450 and Onboad HD 8000+ for multiple displays

SilicateWielder
Go to solution Solved by lolsmurfzs,
20 minutes ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

So here is my question. Can I use my HD5450 graphics card at the same time as my HD 8400 onboard graphics?

yes you can! i use my Amd R9 380 for my main (and bigger) monitor, and my on board HD5760 (not sure what it was again) for my second monitor.

1 minus, cpu load is a little higher when i use both monitors, but it's not that much of a problem.

So I recently obtained a 40 inch TV from my mom in the form of a trade for my old TV because of the built in DVD player on it. She's enjoying it, and I'm enjoying watching anime from my PC with the new PC but I'd like to hook my old TFT monitor back up because not only do I like to do other things when watching anime and stuff, but I also just really enjoy using that monitor, even if it operates at 1024x768 resolution.

So here is my question. Can I use my HD5450 graphics card at the same time as my HD 8400 onboard graphics? I don't plan on having the two running crossfire or anything, I'd just like to use the HD5450 for watching media while I do graphics design or something using the onboard graphics. I'm assuming that I can just plug my card in and it would work once I install my drivers, but I just want to be safe rather than sorry.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

20 minutes ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

So here is my question. Can I use my HD5450 graphics card at the same time as my HD 8400 onboard graphics?

yes you can! i use my Amd R9 380 for my main (and bigger) monitor, and my on board HD5760 (not sure what it was again) for my second monitor.

1 minus, cpu load is a little higher when i use both monitors, but it's not that much of a problem.

1 minute ago, lolsmurfzs said:

That's fine, I don't plan on gaming when I'm using both. I just like to do a little graphics design, programming, or web browsing, and of course anime watching.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.