PC freezing when going idle (need... help...)

Hey there! So I've been having this extremely frustrating issue with my PC for the last month or so. Every now and then when my PC goes in idle mode, when I try to click the mouse or the keyboard, nothing happens. The PC freezes altogether. I tried ctrl+alt+del and everything, but I can't seem to shake this freeze in any way but shut down my computer and turn it back on (from the button). I never got this problem before the last month, I don't know what happened.

Like I said, these freezes occur when my computer goes to sleep, but it has happened to freeze right when I was browsing Chrome, playing a game, etc. a few times. When I started to get these freezes I was on windows 7 and I haven't had my OS installed in three years, so I thought it definitely has something to do with that. I installed Windows 10, installed all the drivers and then a day later I started getting these freezes again. I want to mention that I've been also having some issues with my USB for a long time. I can't enter bios with my USB keyboard, I have to plug it in right after the beep when you start the computer to get into the BIOS.

I ran software tests, like the windows memory diagnostic, Speccy, afterburner but everything seems ok, every component is way below 50 degrees, something like 35 right after this happens (ssd, cpu, gpu, etc). As suggested on problems like these, I also tried resetting the bios but it didn't work.

Here's my config:

• OS is installed on a Kingstone v300 120gb
  • i5 3550k running at standard speed (3,3)
  • *another Kingstone v300 but this one at 240gb
  • *another 1TB Seagate HDD at 7200
  • Gigabyte P67-DS3-B3 (Socket 1155) MB
  • GTX 770 a 2gb
  • 600W power supply
  • Corsair 8GB ddr3 at 1600 (dual channel)

So these are the facts, I'm not sure if I missed anything, but if you have any questions, please ask away. I'm dying to fix this annoying issue...

P.S. - After running some tests I thought it was the motherboard, could it be, should I change it? Or is it something with my power supply?

Edit: I always used an Antivirus (AVG) I don't have any viruses on my system.

check event viewer. also, is your psu from a "good" manufacturer? i mean that its not a dirt80+ plsbreakmypc brand psu?

buumbuumbangiwonderifsomeonereadsthesefilenameslol.PNG

On 3/13/2016 at 1:44 PM, ben dover kid said:

check event viewer. also, is your psu from a "good" manufacturer? i mean that its not a dirt80+ plsbreakmypc brand psu?

Hey, thanks for your reply. My power supply is a: Sirtec HP-600-G12S, 600W. I tried checking the Event Viewer tool but all I can see is the critical errors: 'Kernel-Power' which dates to when I forced my PC to shut down (After the crash). So I can't see anything in there. My PC just froze about an hour ago at 6:13 PM (Romanian time) and when I checked my phone, it was 6:24, meaning the PC froze at 6:13. In the Event Viewer, I can't find any errors or anything that dates to 6:13, only to 6:24 when I forced my PC to shut down.

Is this a crappy Power supply? 600W it says... Could my USB problem come from the power supply as well?

48 minutes ago, JohnCarmichael said:

Hey, thanks for your reply. My power supply is a: Sirtec HP-600-G12S, 600W. I tried checking the Event Viewer tool but all I can see is the critical errors: 'Kernel-Power' which dates to when I forced my PC to shut down (After the crash). So I can't see anything in there. My PC just froze about an hour ago at 6:13 PM (Romanian time) and when I checked my phone, it was 6:24, meaning the PC froze at 6:13. In the Event Viewer, I can't find any errors or anything that dates to 6:13, only to 6:24 when I forced my PC to shut down.

Is this a crappy Power supply? 600W it says... Could my USB problem come from the power supply as well?

considering its a 55euro psu its a piece of crap. also very unknown. so the kernel power 41 errors. do you have a bugcheckcode? or just powerbuttontimestamp+ a numbers?