Ethernet being a pain... Anyone got any ideas?

CDB01
Go to solution Solved by danrey84,

have you tried too click on the port on device manager and search for driver that way and select the folder where u saved the driver

So forgive me if I am forgetting something incredibly easy, but I have ran Ethernet cabling through two floors of my house and somehow managed to get it to work with one of my family's laptops. It runs perfectly there but when I try to connect mine I get nothing from it. I have been told it is because I am missing a Ethernet/LAN driver, so I downloaded two instances of that and this is where the problem begins. I have been stuck with this (Picture attached) window open for the past three hours and seriously doubt it is going to move along without some type of assistance. Anyone know what the problem is here?Snip.JPG.4b7bb1d8f60def6281fe1f63ea32bfb

Just to clarify, the board is a Maximus VIII Hero, and the driver is labeled as current (V.20.2.4001.0)

Make sure the driver is for your exact version of Windows (32 or 64 bit as well if applicable), and that it is for your exact motherboard model, other than that, I don't know.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Have you tried Disabling the Ethernet port then enabling it again????

56 minutes ago, incarnate said:

Make sure the driver is for your exact version of Windows (32 or 64 bit as well if applicable), and that it is for your exact motherboard model, other than that, I don't know.

It's the driver pulled from ASUS Support under LAN for the Maximus VIII Hero for 64 Bit Windows 10 (I have 10 Pro)

57 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Have you tried Disabling the Ethernet port then enabling it again????

Tried that, still works with the laptop but the port says no without the driver and the Intel wizard is still stuck.

Any possibility that someone reading this knows how to install it manually without the wizard? The drivers include all the files as well as the express tool.

have you tried too click on the port on device manager and search for driver that way and select the folder where u saved the driver

2 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Of course that worked in less than a minute... Thanks dude!

No worries if you ever have problems with drivers always head to device manager and dig around there.

Fair point, I'll keep that in mind.