CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K

RAM
 G.Skill Trident Z 8 GB 3200 mhz

Motherboard
MAXIMUS VIII HERO (LGA1151)

Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

I will overlock for first time, and can you tell me the best settings to use for overclocking my cpu.

Use bios. just from memory i think a 4.5 GHz overclock and 1.27 volts should do the trick!

Hope this helps :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

10 hours ago, ProKeero said:

Use bios. just from memory i think a 4.5 GHz overclock and 1.27 volts should do the trick!

i want to reach stable 4.8 5.0 ... 

Just now, HFKoKoOo said:

ok try 1.36 volts for 4.8Ghz and 1.41 for 5 Ghz

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Joking, but in reality you go into your bios and navigate to the CPU multiplier to about 40 , then you change the voltage to about ~1.3 volts

you may need to change the CPU core voltage from auto to over-ride 

7 minutes ago, HFKoKoOo said:

your not guaranteed an overclock. You can try, you'll most likely fail unless you have some Dice we don't know about, but I'm telling you this

you won't reach 4.8 to 5GHz on water, You'd exceed 1.4+ volts way too fast

23 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

I can only speak for my own hardware, but I still get an occasional bluescreen with my 6600K at 4.5 GHz and about 1.33 V. There's a luck component there, of course, but 1.27 V seems overly optimistic to me.

Best thing to do is go in steps: start with about 4 GHz, then keep pushing it up and testing until you find instability. Then bump up the voltage until the instability goes away. Keep going until your preferred overclock is stable.

Just now, typographie said:

I can only speak for my own hardware, but 4.5 GHz on mine needs more like 1.35 V or so. There's a luck component there, of course, but 1.27 V seems overly optimistic to me.

Best thing to do is go in steps, start with 4 GHz, then keep pushing it up and testing until you find instability. Then bump up the voltage until the instability goes away. Keep going until your preferred overclock is stable.

1.38 Volts works for me on my 4.7 Ghz 4690k. I'm taking into account that skylake is a more efficient architecture so i was pushing the volts down a bit. But yea thats how i got my overclock by pushing until i got stability issues :P

2 hours ago, ProKeero said:

ok try 1.36 volts for 4.8Ghz and 1.41 for 5 Ghz

That's very Optimistic there buddy....

If you can reach 4.8 ghz with 1.36 Volts, you have won the silicon Lottery. For SURE.

my chip needs 1.29~ Volts for 4.5 Ghz.

I bet, it will need 1.33 - 1.36 Volts for 4.6.

VERY good Chips should hit 4.5 stable with 1.2 V or so, i guess.

For skylake, 4.8 is pretty much the MAX you can and should run. Except you have a good Water Cooler (and the kraken is an All-in-one-craptoy, not a high end water cooling. im Talking about Custom ones for 300+ Bucks. The Kraken is at the same Level (Cooling performance / Noise ratio) as a half priced Noctua NH D15)).

Most skylake Chips will Not even hit 4.8 stable.

And the sweet spot is at around 4.4 - 4.6 Ghz. Above that, you need WAY TOO MUCH additional Voltage, for the next 100 Mhz step.

so my personal Guide for Overclock, if you dont know how to do it:

step 1 (most important step): Deinstall Asus Al Suite 3. It Sucks. its bad. It will make your System unstable, and cause other problems.

Step 2: 

It's even the same Board.

Plus this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnMXBnOXRWeVlHcHM/view
Read it ;)

Step 3: Good for starting is 4.5 Ghz, and 1.3 Volts.

Check if that is stable. If yes, try lower voltage, so you know the minimum-Voltage for 4.5 Ghz. That's a Very good base/start to go on.

Check the temperatures... They shouldn't exceed certain values.

Step 4: 1.4 Ghz is the Highest 24/7 which is recommended. You can put that, and go for 4.6 or 4.7 Ghz, and see if that is stable. And just try around, what Clock speed you can get stable with 1.4 Volt."Core/Cache Voltage".

ALWAYS keep an Eye on temperatures. If you go 1.4 Volt, and 4.7 Ghz, and your 4 Cores hit 80-90°C, then you should Tone down, for my Preference.

Just to give you aheads up the max they say for skylake voltage wise is 1.42 I have a stable 4.5Ghz 6600K at 1.34volts. Also the percentage of i6600k chips which go above 4.5Ghz start to go down. They say the bulk of i5 skylake chips go to 4.5Ghz then its about the trusted 'Silicon Lottery ' if you get 1 which goes above 4.5ghz. @Darkseth is correct in what he says. Plus I have a theory if there are some skylake chips which are absolute cherries ( I AM TALKING 4.9GHZ AND ABOVE ) you can see these being kept behind for some shall we call it just for the giggles SKYLAKE-E. If there is any plans to bring out and Enthusiasts range of these processors. Put it this way out of say a 1000 i5 chips for example I would say less than 2% will go above 4.8GHz. Granted I have no facts to back this up with but Intel are not going to want that big a discrepancy on the production line.