Surely I cannot be the only one who does this. My mom taught me this practice when I was much younger. A lot of stores will match their competitor's price so they get the sell.

Well today I'm buying nearly $100 worth of computer hardware from Microcenter (computer shop) and will be doing a price compare. I simply have to bring in a print out of the item from a competing website (and double check they have matching part numbers) and present it at checkout. I pay the discounted price when I swipe my credit card.

I just did the math and I'll be saving $29.40 by taking 5 minutes to research the products on Amazon.

This made me wonder... Do you guys take advantage of price comparing when buying hardware/electronics?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Yes

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Surely I cannot be the only one who does this. My mom taught me this practice when I was much younger. A lot of stores will match their competitor's price so they get the sell.

Well today I'm buying nearly $100 worth of computer hardware from Microcenter (computer shop) and will be doing a price compare. I simply have to bring in a print out of the item from a competing website (and double check they have matching part numbers) and present it at checkout. I pay the discounted price when I swipe my credit card.

I just did the math and I'll be saving $29.40 by taking 5 minutes to research the products on Amazon.

This made me wonder... Do you guys take advantage of price comparing when buying hardware/electronics?

I use PcPartsPickers, so I have the lowest price of all the mainsteam online retailers (Newegg, NCIX, DirertTiger, Canada's Computers, etc) So I order from the cheapest stores. I know that NCIX does a price match, but I don't think it covers rebates/sales (only the regular price), so I'm ordering from 4-5 retailers at once. 

I use the 'price match' in some non-computer stores sometimes, but I often forget and it's true that if you take the time to look, you can really save some money =P

well depends

i buy all my stuff online

sometimes i would pay more if it all came in one box vs separate shipments

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Many times and then never. I really see if I can achieve low prices but sometimes you gotta go with what is available at that time. (Example: Out of stock at Store A, but with a few in stick at Store B for 10$ extra.)

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY

But I do understand you get what you pay for so if it means spending $30 more a d buying from a reliable source then I'd rather do that

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Yes. All the time.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB