i5-2410m heat problems

Hey LTT forum goers, recently a Toshiba laptop L475 I think, has been running 60c at idle and 90c under load, it begins to throttle to sub 1mhz ranged and crawls around, I turned off turbo and even forced the cpu to 50% power, but to my surprise even at 1.5mhz it was still 87c, almost no difference. I took it apart cleaned out the dust and the only thing I can think of is the fact that the fan has no direct vent to pull cool air in, the fan blast hot air out like a dryer.

Replace the thermal compound, it's a 2nd generation i5 chip, so it likely has not been changed since 2011; that laptop could well be 5 years old. Also, if the fan is blasting out hot air, that means it's getting air from somewhere to blast out. If you cover a fan's intake side nothing will blow out of the exhaust side. 

it has an intake but its an indirect one from the other side of the laptop and its blocked by the motherboard about a 1mm gap being able to pull air. I guess I need to get some thermal paste from ye old newegg and replace what's on there.