Is my motherboard compatible with FX9590

So i have the new Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura Motherboard, and i wonder if the FX 9590 is compatible with the motherboard. Thanks :)

1 minute ago, Chimras said:

So i have the new Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura Motherboard, and i wonder if the FX 9590 is compatible with the motherboard. Thanks :)

Nope.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Why the heck not? It's an AM3+ socket and the FX9590 is AM3+ right?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Nope.

Why not?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

6 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I heard something about 220 w, and most of the processors is about 125 w. WAnted only to make sure if its not or if it works

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Why not?

Because the board will just burn cause of the power draw of the chip

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

because the 9590 will set fire to any motherboard that isnt built to power the world.

8 minutes ago, Chimras said:

the support page said it should. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/970-PRO-GAMING-AURA/HelpDesk_CPU/

which i linked before but I want to mention you'd need a very good psu and cooling to run it.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

It should be but because the 9590 takes alot of power you may want to get a 990fx series mobo

According to ASUS- it is. https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/970-PRO-GAMING-AURA/HelpDesk_CPU/

Perhaps people in this thread could check in future before replying. There's more to power delivery than raw phase count.

However. The 9590 isn't a great purchase anyway. Unless you won it or it's on some kind of mega offer.

12 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The Broadwell CPUs only work on H97 and Z97 mobos, despite H81 / B85 and Z87 all being LGA 1150 as well. For the LGA 775 era, there were plenty of revisions, and it's easy to find mobos which don't support Core 2 Quad, despite all of them being the same socket. So this argument is invalid.

Check out this video. Socket is the same. See what happens....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Would only recommend using a 990fx board for a 9590.

What I would recommend over that is to just NOT buy a 9590.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

23 minutes ago, Chimras said:

8 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

The Broadwell CPUs only work on H97 and Z97 mobos, despite H81 / B85 and Z87 all being LGA 1150 as well. For the LGA 775 era, there were plenty of revisions, and it's easy to find mobos which don't support Core 2 Quad, despite all of them being the same socket. So this argument is invalid.

The problem I have in this situation though is that the FX9590 was launched years before the Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura, so for Asus to release this motherboard years later without compatibility for the top CPU of the same socket just doesn't make sense to me. 

19 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

21 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

20 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Add the 9590 and you get a list of compatible motherboards.

You three; look at these two posts:

7 minutes ago, Goldensapling said:

Would only recommend using a 990fx board for a 9590.

What I would recommend over that is to just NOT buy a 9590.

9 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The problem I have in this situation though is that the FX9590 was launched years before the Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura, so for Asus to release this motherboard years later without compatibility for the top CPU of the same socket just doesn't make sense to me. 

The things I described also don't make any sense to me either, but that's how it goes....

5 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Well, the poster of that video should've read the CPU's instructions, or just looked at the box and all the warnings that say "LIQUID COOLING ONLY"

6 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

No. That video was made on a board with horrible VRM's

Not all are that bad. You only looked at the 1% of boards.

17 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Just now, Ronnie76 said:

I know that. I just wanted to explain TidaL why he can't go with the assumption "if it's same socket = compatible".

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Well, the poster of that video should've read the CPU's instructions, or just looked at the box and all the warnings that say "LIQUID COOLING ONLY"

Beefy air coolers also work. Not to mention, it would simply overheat and turn off if the temps were too high. That cooler was sufficient to keep the CPU from overheating, hence why it stayed on.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

Defend your red, you pleb. /s

You're missing the point of the post. The point of it is showing what happens should you not make an informed choice, granted what is shown is worst case. Most boards can't handle a 9590, or even an 8350 with an alright overclock. If you don't get a good mobo, then I grant you luck in dealing with your VRM overheating issues.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Just now, FruitBasketSilex said:

Beefy air coolers also work. Not to mention, it would simply overheat and turn off if the temps were too high. That cooler was sufficient to keep the CPU from overheating, hence why it stayed on.

Defend your red, you pleb. /s

You're missing the point of the post. The point of it is showing what happens should you not make an informed choice, granted what is shown is worst case. Most boards can't handle a 9590, or even an 8350 with an alright overclock. If you don't get a good mobo, then I grant you luck in dealing with your VRM overheating issues.

1. I haven't had an AMD CPU since the Athlon 64 or an AMD GPU ever, because the last non Nvidia I had was when ATI was around.

2. Just to snark at your pleb. /s comment I went ahead and looked at your listed build. To speak of lower class, my PC is much higher class than yours.

Anyone can advise against using the two together and I wouldn't recommend it myself without completely researching it beforehand, but are the two compatible(which is the point of the entire thread)?  Absolutely.

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

1. I haven't had an AMD CPU since the Athlon 64 or an AMD GPU ever, because the last non Nvidia I had was when ATI was around.

2. Just to snark at your pleb. /s comment I went ahead and looked at your listed build. To speak of lower class, my PC is much higher class than yours.

Anyone can advise against using the two together and I wouldn't recommend it myself without completely researching it beforehand, but are the two compatible(which is the point of the entire thread)?  Absolutely.

Your definition of compatible means that the specs line up, yes? Thusly, an MSI 970 Krait is compatible with the 9590. Therefore your definition of compatible apparently doesn't include NOT lighting things on fire in the process. :)

1. I don't care, it was a joke, I didn't even check anyone's specs before I typed that, much less after. It was just meant to be a joke about how shit like this spirals into a flame war. Hence the /s.

2. Congratulations, I'm very proud of you, you have a nice build. *claps*

Spoiler

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

1. Anyone can advise against using the two together and I wouldn't recommend it myself without completely researching it beforehand

2. but are the two compatible(which is the point of the entire thread)?  Absolutely.

1. Absolutwly spot on, chappie. OP go research the VRMs.

2. The single stupidest thing I've seen you post. You don't know about the VRMs on the mobo (as stated in 1) therefore, you cannot say that they are compatible, what if the VRMs are EVEM WORSE than the 970 Krait? Pretty sure a fire doesn't qualify as compatibility.

Spoiler