Whichis better: Raedon R7 360 or GeForce GTX 950

ArkTheYO
Go to solution Solved by ArkTheYO,
2 hours ago, typographie said:

It's better to compare video cards in terms of how they actually perform in real games, rather than looking at the misleading technical specifications.

http://techreport.com/review/29061/nvidia-geforce-gtx-950-graphics-card-reviewed/4

It's worth pointing out that the GTX 950 is actually consistently faster than the R7 370 across all of the games in this review. At times the gap between them is as much as it is between the 950 and 960.

@typographie Ok Thanks A Lot Mahn :)

Hey, i wanted to know which among the Raedon R7 360 and GeForce GTX 950 is better! Please give your suggestions along with reasons ! 

Would help a lot! Thanks in advance communiy ppl! :)

GTX 950 is faster than a 360

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

6 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

GTX 950 is faster than a 360

@Morgan MLGman why so? can u please give up the reasons, woud help me a lot! (p.s.: I am real newbie! so thats wanted to know ,be kind!)

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@Morgan MLGman why so? can u please give up the reasons, woud help me a lot! (p.s.: I am real newbie! so thats wanted to know ,be kind!)

It's a higher-tier card, GTX 950 can compete with R9 370/270X, but it still might be faster than those.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

@Morgan MLGman Actually i was checking out the core clock speeds of both of them , so i found that coree clock speed of r7 360 is 1100 Mhz and that of 950 is 1025 Mhz. So doesnt that give an edge to r7 360?

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@Morgan MLGman Actually i was checking out the core clock peeds of both of them , so i found that coree clock speed of r7 360 is 1100 Mhz and that of 950 is 1025 Mhz. So doesnt that give an edge to r7 360?

mhz on those chips are not equal. That means 1000 mhz on the 950 is not the same as 1000mhz on the 360.

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

mhz on those chips are not equal. That means 1000 mhz on the 950 is not the same as 1000mhz on the 360.

@Morgan MLGman Oh why is it so ?

its like a v8 engine from 60 years ago vs a decent sized v4 engine. numbers mean anything. 

These aren't in the same category gtx 950 is "way better" cos it is more expensive. This 2 cards can't be compared because of the price difference. from the 2 above the gtx 950 dominates and i am not a nvidia fangirl, i have a r7 370 and i am completely good with it.

7 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Morgan MLGman Oh why is it so ?

Because these are different architectures. For example: R9 390X at 1100 mHz beats a GTX 970 at 1500mhz

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Because these are different architectures. For example: R9 390X at 1100 mHz beats a GTX 970 at 1500mhz

@Morgan MLGman  Thanks! 

so what points should i keepin mind while i am buying an amd or Nvidia card or for any graphic card! please help! 

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@Morgan MLGman  Thanks! 

so what points should i keepin mind while i am buying an amd or Nvidia card or for any graphic card! please help! 

Just give me the budget, location and I can help you with choosing the card

@Morgan MLGman 200 US dollars! but can u please tell me the general things which i should be looking out for while buying a graphic card! Thanks in Advance!

The actual performance. thats the only thing that will say how GOOD the card is. 

13 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Morgan MLGman 200 US dollars! but can u please tell me the general things which i should be looking out for while buying a graphic card! Thanks in Advance!

You basically look at the budget, find cards matching it from either Nvidia or AMD and then check which one is better atm.
Obviously their specs matter like features, amount of video memory etc, but they're usually fairly similar

usually, you should get the best possible GPU you can afford, because it's the thing that determines when you need to do a first upgrade, as games are less CPU dependent and one CPU upgrade should last 2-3 GPU upgrades imo

For 200$ the best you can get is this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9380x4255

this is a cheaper version, only slightly slower, should offer better value for money:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100384nt4goc2l

It's up to you whether you can afford paying 30$ for a couple of more frames per second, it might come in handy in some more demanding games

52 minutes ago, David_K said:

The actual performance. thats the only thing that will say how GOOD the card is. 

@David_K Thanks Mahn!

51 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

You basically look at the budget, find cards matching it from either Nvidia or AMD and then check which one is better atm.
Obviously their specs matter like features, amount of video memory etc, but they're usually fairly similar

usually, you should get the best possible GPU you can afford, because it's the thing that determines when you need to do a first upgrade, as games are less CPU dependent and one CPU upgrade should last 2-3 GPU upgrades imo

For 200$ the best you can get is this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9380x4255

this is a cheaper version, only slightly slower, should offer better value for money:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100384nt4goc2l

It's up to you whether you can afford paying 30$ for a couple of more frames per second, it might come in handy in some more demanding games

Thanks a lot ! Really learnt something ! @Morgan MLGman Thanks a lot Again!

@Morgan MLGman Hey sorry mahn, but i wanted to know why is XFX's better than SAPPHIRE NITRO's like i had seen a post on Nitro that they are more silent, and in here i saw the core clock speed of SAPPHIRE NITRO's is better than that of XFX'S! REALLY SORRY MAHN! Just a doubt! :) Thanks in Advance!

2 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@Morgan MLGman Hey sorry mahn, but i wanted to know why is XFX's better than SAPPHIRE NITRO's like i had seen a post on Nitro that they are more silent, and in here i saw the core clock speed of SAPPHIRE NITRO's is better than that of XFX'S! REALLY SORRY MAHN! Just a doubt! :) Thanks in Advance!

In this case the XFX one is better because it uses a more powerful GPU. R9 380> R9 380. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Well, there are other factors than simply performance that factors in when discussing how "good" a graphics card is. Noise levels, power consumption, connectivity are all things that matter, depending on intended usage. I would personally gladly sacrifice a bit of performance to get a more quiet system.

However, at the $200 price bracket, I totally support the R9 380X as being an amazing value for money product, and from what I've seen in reviews, the XFX coolers are relatively quiet as well.

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

In this case the XFX one is better because it uses a more powerful GPU. R9 380> R9 380. 

@TheRandomness I guess both the Sapphire Nitro and XFX have the same gpu! And yeah ill sure look out for R9380X ! Thanks

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@TheRandomness I guess both the Sapphire Nitro and XFX have the same gpu! And yeah ill sure look out for R9380X ! Thanks

No, the Sapphire one has a weaker GPU, the standard 380. The XFX one has a 380X core. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, Caeradwyn said:

Well, there are other factors than simply performance that factors in when discussing how "good" a graphics card is. Noise levels, power consumption, connectivity are all things that matter, depending on intended usage. I would personally gladly sacrifice a bit of performance to get a more quiet system.

However, at the $200 price bracket, I totally support the R9 380X as being an amazing value for money product, and from what I've seen in reviews, the XFX coolers are relatively quiet as well.

@Caeradwyn ohk, i used to think that Sapphire Nitro's were quiter, saw it on a reddit post!

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

@Caeradwyn ohk, i used to think that Sapphire Nitro's were quiter, saw it on a reddit post!

That might be true. There's been a lot of new models released since I last checked reviews on this (as I'm not currently in the market for any upgrades), I was only commenting on the fact that for just over $200, it's quite impressive that you can get a 380X from a reputable brand.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

No, the Sapphire one has a weaker GPU, the standard 380. The XFX one has a 380X core. 

@TheRandomness Hey  the link i was provided was that XVX one had 380 only not 380X!