coolermaster Nepton 240m wont placed correctly?

Hi,

I recently build my new PC and i have a certain problem with my cooler.

Motherboard: MSI Z170A gaming M5

Cooler: nepton 240m

CPU: i5-6600k

It seems that when i mount the cooler brick onto the CPU it doesnt go all the way down so it can squeeze the thermal paste in order to spread it across the entire CPU. I'm using the "pea method" .

I also tried to put more thermal paste but still i got the same result. It only spreads a small circle in the center of the CPU leaving like 30-40% surface uncovered.

I've read the user guide again and again and seen some videos tutorial and i'm pretty sure i'm using the right parts.

I use the intel parts, the screws on the backplate line up perfectly with the holes on the motherboard and i make sure to screw it all the way in.

What am i missing ?

I have the parts a week now and i cant do anything :(

3 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Screw it in using a cross pattern, tighten it until it doesn't go any further but don't over-tighten it. <-- That's what you're doing, right?

yes, tightening it but not too much force

33 minutes ago, mitsako said:

yes, tightening it but not too much force

Is one of the screws not thread properly? If not, mount it and try run it, it will shut down if it gets too hot. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Is one of the screws not thread properly? If not, mount it and try run it, it will shut down if it gets too hot. 

all screws seem equal. I will try to mount it as it is and monitor tempatures for a few days. It's sad this this thing is so expensive and i cant use it properly....

Anyway thank you for your replies!