Sony sides with PSN Hackers.

derick90

So a couple of weeks ago, I was watching Netflix on my PS4, and I was kicked out stating my PSN was logged in from a different location..

Naturally I thought it was strange, and logged back in.

Two minutes later, the same thing happened. Then.. I decided to contact a friend who is the only other person with my PSN on their system, They weren't even near a TV. 

So after that, I logged into my PSN on my PC, only to find that someone had hacked my PSN, deactivated my system, and activated theirs as the primary on the account. I was unable to re-activate mine as the primary, and was told it would be 6 MONTHS before I could deactivate any other systems. 

I then spoke with PSN Support, they said, (and I'm paraphrasing here)"Too bad, wait 6 months, there's nothing we can do" 

So, the moral of the story... Sony doesn't give two shits about customers, and, this is the last console i'll ever purchase. 

Any other horror stories from Sony lurking about?

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

What the hell call Sony back and threaten a law suite if they do not give access back to your console. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Well doesn't Sony get hacked like everyday it seems?:P

I don't have any personal stories, but one of my friends got his credit card leaked when his account was hacked.:(

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

well you do know with sony there is 2 ways to deactivate an account. 1 is talk to live chat support and they can do it. B you can go on sony's website and there is a place somewhere on there do it manual.( i forget where i haven't used my ps3 or PSN account in 2 years)

i know because a SOE employee told me. so that means the person who deactivated it did it from talking to SOE live chat. so talk to live chat again but ask them how to manually deactivate it. dont even bring up that you want it deactivated by them or got hacked or whatever, just say i need to know how to deactivate my account on the sony website. but craftily you want it deactivated from the PS4 so they dont think you want to close your account down.

and P.S they didnt side with them. they can not physically deactivate the account from all the PS4's if they already did once in under  6 months. it disables that option for them and only the support managers (higher ups) or whatever can do it, not just the people who sit and talk to you.

so you are mad they are doing their job? lol

30 minutes ago, TryHardNoob1256 said:

well you do know with sony there is 2 ways to deactivate an account. 1 is talk to live chat support and they can do it. B you can go on sony's website and there is a place somewhere on there do it manual.( i forget where i haven't used my ps3 or PSN account in 2 years)

i know because a SOE employee told me. so that means the person who deactivated it did it from talking to SOE live chat. so talk to live chat again but ask them how to manually deactivate it. dont even bring up that you want it deactivated by them or got hacked or whatever, just say i need to know how to deactivate my account on the sony website. but craftily you want it deactivated from the PS4 so they dont think you want to close your account down.

and P.S they didnt side with them. they can not physically deactivate the account from all the PS4's if they already did once in under  6 months. it disables that option for them and only the support managers (higher ups) or whatever can do it, not just the people who sit and talk to you.

so you are mad they are doing their job? lol

Already tried speaking with them, still received the same response, "there is no way to deactivate the PS4 that is linked as the primary, You will have to wait the 6 months before you can deactivate another system, unless you know the other parties serial number" And my experience with Blizzard, i've been hacked on there, got my account back in 1 hour, with all my previous items/gold restored, so its bullshit that they say they "cant"

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

4 minutes ago, derick90 said:

Already tried speaking with them, still received the same response, "there is no way to deactivate the PS4 that is linked as the primary, You will have to wait the 6 months before you can deactivate another system, unless you know the other parties serial number" And my experience with Blizzard, i've been hacked on there, got my account back in 1 hour, with all my previous items/gold restored, so its bullshit that they say they "cant"

i know there is or at least 2 years ago you could deactivate it from the sony website or PSN website (probably the same site lol)  i needed my deactivated but 1 month before that i had a person on live chat deactivate it and i didnt know about the 6 month thing. so she told me that i can manually deactivate it myself on the website and walked me through it and it worked. but after i did i needed to wait 6 months before i could deactivate it on the website again. 

so it's like there is 2 ways to deactivate it. maybe just look through all the settings and shit on sony's site and see if you find it. or google it

Just now, TryHardNoob1256 said:

i know there is or at least 2 years ago you could deactivate it from the sony website or PSN website (probably the same site lol)  i needed my deactivated but 1 month before that i had a person on live chat deactivate it and i didnt know about the 6 month thing. so she told me that i can manually deactivate it myself on the website and waked me through it and it worked. but after i did i needed to wait 6 months before i could deactivate it on the website again. 

Right, and when my console was the primary, the other party, went through the website and deactivated my system, which is why im stuck behind this 6 month wall.

HeadsetLogitech G430  

5 minutes ago, derick90 said:

Right, and when my console was the primary, the other party, went through the website and deactivated my system, which is why im stuck behind this 6 month wall.

Yes but did they deactivate it both ways? Becase for me it let me reactive it twice in under 6 months by using both ways. Like the website and what the SOE staff did where not connected by the same time barrier. They each had their own.

thats why when the staff member could not deviate it becase I had to what 6 months. It let me deactivate it on the website while the stuff could still not.

Did u change the password at least?, if u change the password they can't log in to your psn