Is the Razer Deathstalker even worth ?

TheCooler

Is the Razer Deathstalker even worth buying or should i just go for some solid mechanical keybord ?

Its about as good as any other keyboard that resembles a laptop.

I guess, i just can't deside which one i want.. Because i have never used the mechanical keyboard. But the Corsair Strafe RGB looks just amazing.

Just get anything you think looks good, is mechanical and fits your desired form factor, for instance I only get keyboards that don't have the number pad on the right (ie ten-keyless)

RGB is usually just a gimmick so manufacturers can sell more keyboards, but if it's something you want, power to you, also extra macro keys are usually gimmicky IMO to, but I imagine some people might have a niche use case for them.

Personally I use a Filco ninja tenkeyless with blank keycaps and reds.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Oh, an interest thing to know about the Razer Deathstalker, is it's pretty much Razer's version of the SteelSeries Apex line.

I notice sometimes SS release something and like 12 months later razer release a similar product, something fishy going on by the looks of it. Maybe Razer just likes to make copy cat products, I dunno.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

The Deathstalker is flimsy crap. It's a laptop style keyboard for more money than you can get a basic mechanical keyboard, it makes no sense. If you're wanting the touch pad on the side too, then it costs even more, last time I checked, the neck end of £200. 

Honestly, save your money and buy a good quality keyboard rather than something that seems to have been ripped from a cheap laptop. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

My answer to your question would be.....no. It is not worth getting the Razer Deathstalker.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I had the Deathstalker, and when I switched to mechanical, actually gave it away to my friend because it was so bad compared to mech keys.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I would say no I had one for 2 years and there are a few problems with it like you have to put pressure on the keys for them to activate and overall the build of the keyboard is not satisfying but thats my choice I upgraded to a Corsair K70 and I would recommend this keyboard as I love it!

Well, if you want to type on a laptop keyboard while on your desktop, it'd be a thing. And that's pretty much all there is to it. If you want extra functionality, there are better keyboards out there. If you want a better typing experience, there are better keyboards out there.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.