Can I upgrade my mobo and cpu without reinstalling windows?

Ok I've done this before but can't remember if it was successful. Im upgrading my 9590 and formula z TO A 6600k and z170 maximus viii hero. Windows 10 pro is installed on a ssd, will i need to reinstall it? or what do i need to do.

ofc not the system is on your hard drvie/ssd

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

5 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

ofc not the system is on your hard drvie/ssd

false

depends on whether or not you have an OEM copy of windows, that cannot be transferred to another motherboard

That is a totally different system drivers will be messed up and everything if you are lucky you won't have to but you should reinstall anyway. 

1 minute ago, Timopomer said:

false

depends on whether or not you have an OEM copy of windows, that cannot be transferred to another motherboard

ohh sorry strange it worked for me is switched my harddrive os around between 3 different MOBOS

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

1 minute ago, ismma99 said:

ohh sorry strange it worked for me is switched my harddrive os around between 3 different MOBOS

that means you dont have an OEM copy

23 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

That is a totally different system drivers will be messed up and everything if you are lucky you won't have to but you should reinstall anyway. 

The drivers are the same on both boards

Just now, DavidGuba said:

The drivers are the same on both boards

Hold on, I bought Windows 7 and have a oem copy and upgraded to windows 10, so now i dont have a code, I still have the windows 7 code tho. So can I still do this?

Its been solved, I contacted Microsoft and they told me I would need to reactivate the pc using my code and thats all. Reactivating a new motherboard deactivates the previous one.