Which "cheap" GPU to buy?

archelocke

I'm hoping to achieve 60FPS in 900p at medium to max settings, depending on the game. 1440x900p isn't too demanding compared to 1080p or anything, but the game itself will obviously be the deciding factor. I'm just looking to play pretty much any modern game at a decent setting at the standard framerate for PC games. 

I'm thinking something between 150-200 USD... Cheaper would be more preferable. Maybe even less than 150 if decent GPUs sell for that low. 

1 minute ago, archelocke said:

I'm hoping to achieve 60FPS in 900p at medium to max settings, depending on the game. 1440x900p isn't too demanding compared to 1080p or anything, but the game itself will obviously be the deciding factor. I'm just looking to play pretty much any modern game at a decent setting at the standard framerate for PC games. 

I'm thinking something between 150-200 USD... Cheaper would be more preferable. Maybe even less than 150 if decent GPUs sell for that low. 

I would go for a GTX 960 or R9 380(X). Maybe u can find a used r9 290... That would be even better

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

I would go for a R9 380 4GB at this price range.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

7 minutes ago, archelocke said:

I think you'd be fine with a GTX 750 Ti, well below that $150 price tag. If you're comfortable at $200 and want to get something that can handle just about anything at 1080p, the R9 380 (best), GTX 950 (cheapest) or GTX 960 would enter the picture.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

R9 280/380 gets my vote.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What CPU do you have by the way?

Pascal laptops guide

You don't have to spend $200 for 720 @ medium settings. A R7 360 is more than enough. 

Link $80 after rebate

You could get a gtx 960 ($200) or a 950 for $150

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

Motherboard- Asus M5A97 plus

Ram- Hyper X Fury 8gb 1866

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

Case- NZXT s340 Black/Blue

7 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

You don't have to spend $200 for 720 @ medium settings. A R7 360 is more than enough. 

Link $80 after rebate

I play at 900p and might end up buying a 1080p monitor soon. 

10 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

What CPU do you have by the way?

i3-6100...after I upgrade my GPU I'm going for an i7 so I can mess around with video editing, programming, etc. 

12 hours ago, archelocke said:

i3-6100...after I upgrade my GPU I'm going for an i7 so I can mess around with video editing, programming, etc. 

Yeah I would get the R9 380 if you are going to get that i7 since its faster than the 960 with the i7.

Pascal laptops guide

Better Mine is GTX 960 Or R9 380!

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)