Z170x gaming 7 vs z170x ud5

Which one is better?

And  also if its not too much trouble I would  like to know which one is better between the gaming 5 and z170x ud3 mobo

The one with the features you need.   The difference between a $99 Z170 motherboard and a $300 one are all of the "gaming" features.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

2 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

Which one is better?

And  also if its not too much trouble I would  like to know which one is better between the gaming 5 and z170x ud3 mobo

Honestly, it comes down to features between motherboards. They all do the same thing if they have the same chipset, it's how they go about doing the little things. Like flashing lights, shrouds, water cooling support, color scheme, audio components, and connectors. To agree with @Amazingasian, do your research into the features of each board and pick the one that suits your needs best.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Honestly, it comes down to features between motherboards. They all do the same thing if they have the same chipset, it's how they go about doing the little things. Like flashing lights, shrouds, water cooling support, color scheme, audio components, and connectors. To agree with @Amazingasian, do your research into the features of each board and pick the one that suits your needs best.

Theres really no need for the features Because im not going to upgrade for 3-5 years but i do want future-proofing.

Sorry for my bad english

28 minutes ago, experiencednoob said:

Theres really no need for the features Because im not going to upgrade for 3-5 years but i do want future-proofing.

Sorry for my bad english

Motherboard features really aren't going to have an effect on future-proofing. It's more just things you want the board to do.

ASU

20 hours ago, experiencednoob said:

Which one is better?

They are basically the same... you'd never notice a difference. The UD5 and the Gaming 5 are what I would choose, the 7 and UD7 usually are just slightly larger with an extra PCI-E slot, I haven't even bothered to look it up, thats just the way it goes... UD3, UD5, UD7.... Thats the way Gigabyte "scales" their boards. So unless you want like triple SLI or something there is no need for a UD7. Personally I would just say pick between the Gaming 5 and the UD5 with whatever color scheme you like better. They both have debug l.e.d. ...I think I would go with the Gaming 5 personally. But I like red and black color schemes.  

11 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

They are basically the same... you'd never notice a difference. The UD5 and the Gaming 5 are what I would choose, the 7 and UD7 usually are just slightly larger with an extra PCI-E slot, I haven't even bothered to look it up, thats just the way it goes... UD3, UD5, UD7.... Thats the way Gigabyte "scales" their boards. So unless you want like triple SLI or something there is no need for a UD7. Personally I would just say pick between the Gaming 5 and the UD5 with whatever color scheme you like better. They both have debug l.e.d. ...I think I would go with the Gaming 5 personally. But I like red and black color schemes. 

So the ones you prefer are the ud5 and gaming5 

Why do you prefer the gaming 5 and also what are "Thunderbolt" connectors?

2 hours ago, experiencednoob said:

So the ones you prefer are the ud5 and gaming5 

Why do you prefer the gaming 5 and also what are "Thunderbolt" connectors?

Thunderbolt is from AAPL, its for connecting high bandwidth device like audio interfaces. In the case of none Apple devices it is primarily just used for connecting monitors. 

Get whichever one you like the color of better, there isn't much of a difference between the two, or get the one that is on sale, etc... 

1 hour ago, DunePilot said:

Thunderbolt is from AAPL, its for connecting high bandwidth device like audio interfaces. In the case of none Apple devices it is primarily just used for connecting monitors. 

Get whichever one you like the color of better, there isn't much of a difference between the two, or get the one that is on sale, etc... 

Ok tnx

On 3/4/2016 at 9:22 AM, DunePilot said:

What is the difference between the g5, g7 and ud5

UD7 and G7 are slightly larger, they usually always have an extra pci-e slot for 4 way SLi. In this case they don't have an extra pci-e slot so I personally would just go with the either of the two 5s. Either one will work. Both are good, theres not much of a difference.