Weird crash with beeping, think its the GPU

suchamoneypit

I unlocked my PC after stepping away for 20-30 min and when i entered my password and logged in It froze up and gave me that beeping. The only input I could do was move my mouse cursor , and click, but when I click, it makes a beep noise and the cursor lags as seen in the video.

This crash has happened to me before, but it occurred on my 7970 lightnings that were artifacting and I had to RMA (which is why I now have a 390X). When it occurred then I spent quite a while trying to figure it out but googling various wordings of "GPU crash with beeping" did not yield anything useful.

Anyone know what type of crash this is? What could be the issue? Other notes, this happened while my GPU was at stock, it was not overclocked.

Edited by Spotty
removed vid.me link

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

14 hours ago, deadlyfreak said:

Welcome to the club: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

It's not your GPU at least :).

its worth noting this isnt exclusive to W10. It happened on windows 8.1 for me with the 7970s.

it also seems that most people get it to happen when they disconnect USB devices, which isnt my issue.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

• 2 weeks later...

The crash happened for a second time today, but the beeping was a lot more frequent. Still no clue whats causing it. Crash happened after exiting Ryse: Son of Rome